Argh I'm an idiot, stacking advice

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
LO came home from grandma's with a BG of 16.9, gave a correction dose 4.15pm, then she had tea just over an hour later which I bolused for as usual forgetting to use the calculator to account for insulin on board. Presumably I need to be alert for a hypo now? How bad is this likely to be? Including her mysugr entry for info
8be2cda6be43a5a01aacdbc58bb4d8b8.jpg

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Depends really... for any levels above 12.0 I have to double the normal correction factor..so your levels may surprise you.. depends upon your body though.. best just to keep an eye on....

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just checked now and she was 3.6, give her half a dextrose tablet...unsure what to do next tbh

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
isn´t it better to be far too high than being far too low ? when it is a seldome ocation ?

Last edited:

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
isn´t it better to be far too high than being far too low ? when it is a seldome occation ?
Normally I would agree but she was screaming because she felt awful I had to correct her, just forgot to calculate for insulin on board

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
653e0b56134275cb45edb06ecdb641f4.jpg

Things got a bit hairy and now I think I've over treated I need a stiff drink

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was half a packet of pasta and sauce

I'm making a small wager you maybe back to "square one" in 4 hours?? (In the "ball park"" of what was corrected for initially.)

But who knows...

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Lol, I empathise.. Do you think the kid had something "sneaky" from the nan? You know the thing? "One of these won't hurt."
Not from my MIL as my OH was diagnosed at 10 months however it could be another family member, she looked like she had chocolate on her dress...

You live and learn, I should go with them next time but I just wanted a few hours to myself! It's hard when you've only 2 people willing to babysit (MIL/FIL they are a godsend)

Reactions: Freema

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not from my MIL as my OH was diagnosed at 10 months however it could be another family member, she looked like she had chocolate on her dress...

You live and learn, I should go with them next time but I just wanted a few hours to myself! It's hard when you've only 2 people willing to babysit (MIL/FIL they are a godsend)

Bingo!

Your entitled to "me time".. That ain't no crime.

I used to "dad sit" so my mum had a night off with her friends.. Well, once mutual for em both.. My dad had dementia.
I am aware these things can be trying..

Reactions: Brunneria

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
She peaked at 22mmol in the end

Fed up, try to help and just made it worse poor kid

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

At least you 'avin a go..!?

Eggs with bacon dippy piglets for brecky it is then?? ;)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other

THe most important thing about this is that you need to shrug it off and take each day as it comes. Living with T1 is like that. Sometimes it misbehaves and sometimes the person with it misbehaves. Take each day as it comes and celebrate the victories. With the care you are taking there will be more of those than the misses.