Aspirin in type 1 pregnancy

Colette2231

Hello,

I have been prescribed aspirin to take now I am over 12 weeks. I have started taking it and have been getting a lot of heartburn. I have since been prescribed gastro resistant aspirin which seems better. I take 2 75mg tablets a day so 150mg in total.

I was just wondering is this a standard dose and has anyone else taken it every day till birth.

Thank you

mooshk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fataphobia, Ableism, Sexism, Racism, Patriarchy. Most right wing fools.
Heya, type 1 & 19 weeks over here. Yeah all type 1's & a few other conditions are put on aspirin to reduce risk of pre-eclampsia I think. Good luck

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
For what it's worth (probably not much) I took part in a study during my first pregnancy 31 years ago which involved taking very low doses of aspirin. Maybe I was one of the trailblazers to demonstrate that it was a good idea?

marie85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi there, yes I took it all during pregnancy. Advised both times to
Stop one week pre delivery so check with your team about this. Best of luck

Colette2231

Thank you all for your replies. Reading online it does seem very common for type 1's to take aspirin considering the risks of pre eclampsia.

Honeyblossom

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It maybe worth asking if you need to take something to protect your stomach lining while taking aspirin longer term as it can cause stomach issues.

OB87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I took it with all my pregnancies until the birth. No problems with it