Assistance please - Types of diabetes?

littlelin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness; Ageism;Rain&Cold.
Thank you for getting this far - I am fairly new at this and need to find out what type of Diabetes I have;
I have had coeliac condition for 30 years and for years cannot lose weight, but drink loads of water& wee constantly GPs
have decided I am also diabetic as well :crazy: . (4'10" and just in the obese at 67kgs) Having asked the gp he couldnt/wouldnt
explain - just the way it is is not good enough! So already with a good diet I am left on my own to get my bc lower ?
Have tried Coeliac UK; and gp surgery who cannot devulge info so this is a request for any other Coeliac/Diabetics in the
south - preferably Berkshire area? or just anyone to assist in my quest to understand more.....
Nothing about this on this forum that I have seen :? Thank you xx

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I know little about coeliac disease other than I believe you need to at least avoid gluten? Forgive me if I'm wrong. If gluten is a problem then you in fact have a lot in common with the help that diabetics need. Carbs are a problem for diabetics as they are processed into glucose in the body. Many on this forum recommend diabetics keep their intake of flour-based products low particularly those based on highly processed white flour. This is in addition to any products containing more than little sugar/glucose. Avoiding the gluten in foods will also help reduce your carb intake. I'll leave it at that but keeping your weight down will help reduce insulin resistance and improve your blood glucose control so look on this forum for suitable foods that meet both of your needs.