At last...my weight has gone down

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks buetit. Hopefully I will soon be asking for advice on weight maintenance!

Well don't ask me! I am still losing and struggling not to. I stopped trying to lose when I still had a bit of leeway, so I'm not worried yet.
How much more do you want to lose?

Reactions: 2 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I would like to be under 8 stone so another couple of pounds but will see what I look like when I get to that and maybe aim for a bit lower. I am certainly not skinny yet!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Went to Monsoon today and bought a dress in their 70% off sale! I found a £10'voucher I'd been sent for Christmas. Went to buy something for kids and came out clutching the dress below reduced from £99 to £29.70 so cost me £19.70. Best of all it was size 16!!!!!!! @Pollylocks @Pipp @cold ethyl @zand @Jamrox
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
scandi I love that dress. well done on your fab choice and also size 16:)

Do you find dresses are so short nowadays (does that make me sound old!). I bought a similar dress and when I tried it on it was very short - I will have to wear it with leggings

I had a bit of a splurge on the next website last night - all in the clearance! I am quite excited as before I bought clothes and they looked awful. I am hoping these won't but on the other hand if they look good I won't which ones to keep!

I weighed myself when I got back from my holidays and I had put 1 lb on. Not bad as although I didn't go mad I still ate a bit of ice cream most evenings.

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
@Scandichic that dress is gorgeous, can't believe that bargain price, am envious!! I only ever find things like that by chance too, you were in the right place at the right time :D

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
scandi I love that dress. well done on your fab choice and also size 16:)

Do you find dresses are so short nowadays (does that make me sound old!). I bought a similar dress and when I tried it on it was very short - I will have to wear it with leggings

I had a bit of a splurge on the next website last night - all in the clearance! I am quite excited as before I bought clothes and they looked awful. I am hoping these won't but on the other hand if they look good I won't which ones to keep!

I weighed myself when I got back from my holidays and I had put 1 lb on. Not bad as although I didn't go mad I still ate a bit of ice cream most evenings.
Well think about all the money you saved. You deserve them all!
I am short so it comes to just on the knee. Just as well as my knees would frighten small children! And animals! :rolleyes:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Scandichic that dress is gorgeous, can't believe that bargain price, am envious!! I only ever find things like that by chance too, you were in the right place at the right time :D
It was clearly meant to be as they had a 16 and an 18! Not as long as me on the model as I am 5 ft 3. And a half. The half is very important to me.:hilarious:

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
It was clearly meant to be as they had a 16 and an 18! Not as long as me on the model as I am 5 ft 3. And a half. The half is very important to me.:hilarious:

Of course it is!!! ....I'm 5ft 2 ....and a half!!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a gorgeous dress - I used to love browsing in Monsoon but rarely could afford to buy anything there.

I'm another shortie, with the disadvantage of having a longish body and shorter legs. My sisters are both the opposite - similar height but with nice long legs.

Robbity

PS Actually I think I may have shrunk a bit as I get older, I know my mum did! :(

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely frock. I can't justify buying anything new as I have a wardrobe of things that were bought to slim into. So now I have to do the slimming into bit. Found a new to me jumper in drawer today that now fits so am gradually gaining.some new clothes. Think it maybe time to try some bottom half stuff on as my skirt fell down today! Just as well I was at home.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
A dress can never be too short!
You go for it!

I bought my wife this dress earlier this year.
(That's not her by the way, she's the blond on the back of the jet ski in my other post)
dress.jpg

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
What a gorgeous dress - I used to love browsing in Monsoon but rarely could afford to buy anything there.

I'm another shortie, with the disadvantage of having a longish body and shorter legs. My sisters are both the opposite - similar height but with nice long legs.

Robbity

PS Actually I think I may have shrunk a bit as I get older, I know my mum did! :(
Me too which is why I bought it. ebay great too. Fraction of price and often still got tags in!

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I think it's five weeks I've been doing the low carb high fat and after lots of ups and downs on the scales I've lost twelve pounds.
Saw my doc yesterday and she was mortified by change of eating habits so stuck me on her scales.
She was surprised.
Won't have it so in the morning I have to go for a blood test so she can prove to me I'm killing myself!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lovely frock. I can't justify buying anything new as I have a wardrobe of things that were bought to slim into. So now I have to do the slimming into bit. Found a new to me jumper in drawer today that now fits so am gradually gaining.some new clothes. Think it maybe time to try some bottom half stuff on as my skirt fell down today! Just as well I was at home.
You could have caused a furore! From now on, you need to check that all knickers are sexy ones! Lol!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
A dress can never be too short!
You go for it!

I bought my wife this dress earlier this year.
(That's not her by the way, she's the blond on the back of the jet ski in my other post)
View attachment 6712
If I looked like the woman in the photo then I would! In this case Douglas the knee is the max! Otherwise people would be running for the exits in terror!
image.jpg

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You can if it's got 70% off in the sale. We are rather short at mo' and thought hubbie might have grumbled when I ran in clutching the bag saying oh my god I've just managed to get a £100 dress for under £20 quid in the sale! But even mr scandi thought it was a bargin not to be missed! Have told him that he needs to take me out for a cocktail somewhere on pay day. Just so I can wear it! I suggested wearing it tonight but he thought it might be wasted on the staff at Tescos express when I went to get some milk! Lol!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I think it's five weeks I've been doing the low carb high fat and after lots of ups and downs on the scales I've lost twelve pounds.
Saw my doc yesterday and she was mortified by change of eating habits so stuck me on her scales.
She was surprised.
Won't have it so in the morning I have to go for a blood test so she can prove to me I'm killing myself!
Bad jack! Make sure that you get the full cholesterol breakdown. My LDL wasn't good but my triglycerides were awesome! ;)