at very confused dot com

Major Buckmaster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stuff
Thank you everyone for words and many words of wisdom, I have now got my readings down to 12.5 this is a winner for me finding it very difficult juggling between U C and T 2 diet - what's good for one is not so good for the other, however sometimes this has the benefit of reading up on things whilst sat on the loo for long periods having found out one of the things good for one but not so good for the other - dream come true I thought when I read double cream in my coffee for breakfast Lol I knew I was off dairy products for a reason... But thought will just try a little see how that pans out? It panned out alright! How ever I have discovered that Scrambled Eggs get both UC & T2 blessing! Tonight its Salman and broccoli adamant I want to be under the 10.0 by the weekend and stay under it. Having a meter is awesome better than the doctor who told me I was T2 and to watch what I eat, take these 3 times a day (Metformin 500) and somebody will be in touch! (Tic Toc Tic Toc)…… Still waiting hey ho - will get there I'm sure and for no other reasons than my wife and 2 year old little beautiful girl. I am not going to take the other prescribed drug for UC (Pentasa) as I think I really do need to get this T2 under control first.

Hi.

You should find going low carb will help the UC a bit. Wholegrain carbs etc are not recommended for UC anyway. Removing them from you diet has helped a little.

I would also say make sure you take your metformin with plenty of food and water as it can irritate the ulcers.