Atorvastatin Lisinopril Brain Fog and Moods

DeepBlue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Due to my re - ordering my meds late I ran out of Atorvastatin and Lisinopril for a few days. A result if this was that my mood became much improved and the constant Brain Fog lifted.
I have seem my GP about this and we are looking to reduce my Lisinopril esp as my blood pressure was normal.
Has any on else experienced bad mood, mood swings and / or brain fog while on Lisinopril and / or Statins?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think there have been a number of posts from members about brain fog while taking statins.. the whole area of cholesterol is one with much controversy. If you put "statin fog" in the search box at the top of the page you will see lots of threads with these discussions.
Hope that helps.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Has any on else experienced bad mood, mood swings and / or brain fog

Brain Fog is one of the recognised side effects of Atorvastatin, don't know about Lisinopril but would be interested as I take that still. Mood swings can be attributed to lots of things but I personally haven't seen statin related mood swings but I don't know.

As Bulkbiker say, the whole area of cholesterol is controversial. I started looking at cholesterol and statins because I had tolerated muscle pain and brain fog for far too long and was not only unhappy with different excuses each time I saw the doctor but was looking for the reason behind the diminishing total cholesterol level deemed as OK. It was 7 when I was first prescribed statins and now it's 4, how did that happen and whose research caused it happen?