Autophagy Fasting, & mTOR Inhibitors-Peter Attia, MD

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
New interview of Peter Attia by Mike Mutzel for those interested in the subject.

Autophagy Fasting, & mTOR Inhibitors - Peter Attia, MD:

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I listened to the interview while cooking dinner. There were a few topics I was able to follow. Very pleasant interview. Dr. Attia was engaged but also relaxed and seemed to genuinely enjoy the conversation.

The timing was good. I just completed my first fast, 40 hours, water only. Ended it early to be sure I was back to normal before returning to work on Monday.

Started after dinner on Thursday at 8 p.m.; ended it at 12 noon or so on Saturday. Pre-dinner glucose was 131 mg/dl; Post dinner/bed glucose was 169 mg/dl.

I've been running high since exceeding my carb limit at a social gathering three weeks ago. Walked 2 to 3 miles home from the dinner. When I got home, my glucose was 329 mg/dl. Stayed up until it was down to a more reasonable, but still high level. I've never knowingly had such a high glucose. Still in the process of getting my glucose levels back down.

Woke to a glucose of 134 mg/dl.

Then followed my glucose level down; 126, 111, 100, 103, 93, 98.

Saturday, I woke to a glucose level of 89 mg/dl, which then bumped up to 116 mg/dl. Broke the fast with lemon & lime juice and sparkling water. Two hours later glucose was 110 mg/dl. Ate two eggs, butter, onion, tomato, spinach, and feta. Then ate a salad of leafy greens, julienned carrots, and sliced strawberries with a viniagrette of olive oil, vinegar, and more slice strawberries. Glucose popped up to 138 mg/dl an hour and a half later, then drifted back down to 116 and 119 over the next two hours.

Two and a half more hours have passed. Sitting down to a lovely vegetable soup with italian sausage. Glucose level is 126 mg/dl. This will be my final meal of the day. It's nice to see glucose numbers like this again.

I'd like to try a three day fast next. Thanks for posting this Indy51. :)