1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Autophagy Fasting, & mTOR Inhibitors-Peter Attia, MD

Discussion in 'Fasting' started by Indy51, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

New interview of Peter Attia by Mike Mutzel for those interested in the subject.

Autophagy Fasting, & mTOR Inhibitors - Peter Attia, MD:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. chrestomanci

chrestomanci Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks! Very cool interview.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Winnie53

Winnie53 Type 2 · BANNED

I listened to the interview while cooking dinner. There were a few topics I was able to follow. Very pleasant interview. Dr. Attia was engaged but also relaxed and seemed to genuinely enjoy the conversation.

The timing was good. I just completed my first fast, 40 hours, water only. Ended it early to be sure I was back to normal before returning to work on Monday.

Started after dinner on Thursday at 8 p.m.; ended it at 12 noon or so on Saturday. Pre-dinner glucose was 131 mg/dl; Post dinner/bed glucose was 169 mg/dl.

I've been running high since exceeding my carb limit at a social gathering three weeks ago. Walked 2 to 3 miles home from the dinner. When I got home, my glucose was 329 mg/dl. Stayed up until it was down to a more reasonable, but still high level. I've never knowingly had such a high glucose. Still in the process of getting my glucose levels back down.

Woke to a glucose of 134 mg/dl.

Then followed my glucose level down; 126, 111, 100, 103, 93, 98.

Saturday, I woke to a glucose level of 89 mg/dl, which then bumped up to 116 mg/dl. Broke the fast with lemon & lime juice and sparkling water. Two hours later glucose was 110 mg/dl. Ate two eggs, butter, onion, tomato, spinach, and feta. Then ate a salad of leafy greens, julienned carrots, and sliced strawberries with a viniagrette of olive oil, vinegar, and more slice strawberries. Glucose popped up to 138 mg/dl an hour and a half later, then drifted back down to 116 and 119 over the next two hours.

Two and a half more hours have passed. Sitting down to a lovely vegetable soup with italian sausage. Glucose level is 126 mg/dl. This will be my final meal of the day. It's nice to see glucose numbers like this again.

I'd like to try a three day fast next. Thanks for posting this Indy51. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook