Aviva Expert/Aviva Products

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know from various sources I am not the only one currently experiencing issues with these so though I'd make all aware
Expert meter has had numerous electronic error messages since Saturday
Aviva products - current tub of strips seem to be having exactly the same issue as those recalled a few months ago in that they won't accept enough sample and display that error message
I called to report the issues but because I told the Customer Service Assistant the issues had made me decide to switch to another manufacturer she didn't even bother logging the issues!
xx

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You'd have thought they would want to log it to try and fix it, though the meter they're discontinuing so I guess problems with it will just not get looked at anyway, but if there is a problem with the strips you'd think they'd want that logged.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They are still available for now and as a replacement until stock runs out though so they still should log it imo, as of next month my strips will be Contour Next strips as I've just had enough and it's a less bulky meter, I haven't used the bolus calculator function on the Expert for well over a year anyway, I have about 11 boxes of strips for it so I'll use 8 or 9 of them myself before switching and the rest with my "spare" basic Aviva meter can go to my MIL as she's a self funding Type 2 so will save her money for a couple of months xx