1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

B12

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Teatime, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Teatime

Teatime Type 2 · Active Member

Just had my bloods done not bad only B12 low again about 120 nurse said it should be around 200 doctor tried to ring missed call as I was on phone didn’t ring again said leave it for another 3 months this is second time I have no energy feel tired all time do you think I should talk to a different doctor

2. Andydragon

Andydragon Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Are you on metformin?
    I’m on it and my folate levels were low so I now supplement

metformin is known to impact both

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. PennyL

PennyL Type 2 · Member

I take a b12 supplement you can buy over the counter, but if you have serious problems you should ring your doctor again as you don’t need to put up with feeling like you do. Maybe make a time for your doctor to ring you back and keep that time free to speak to him/her. You could also contact your diabetic nurse and say how rough you’re feeling. Good luck, I hope you feel better soon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LaoDan

LaoDan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I recommend in Methylcobalamin form as it’s better absorbed . The stuff you spray under your tongue is great

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook