B12

Teatime

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just had my bloods done not bad only B12 low again about 120 nurse said it should be around 200 doctor tried to ring missed call as I was on phone didn’t ring again said leave it for another 3 months this is second time I have no energy feel tired all time do you think I should talk to a different doctor

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had my bloods done not bad only B12 low again about 120 nurse said it should be around 200 doctor tried to ring missed call as I was on phone didn’t ring again said leave it for another 3 months this is second time I have no energy feel tired all time do you think I should talk to a different doctor
Are you on metformin?
I’m on it and my folate levels were low so I now supplement

metformin is known to impact both

Reactions: Teatime

PennyL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I take a b12 supplement you can buy over the counter, but if you have serious problems you should ring your doctor again as you don’t need to put up with feeling like you do. Maybe make a time for your doctor to ring you back and keep that time free to speak to him/her. You could also contact your diabetic nurse and say how rough you’re feeling. Good luck, I hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: Teatime

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
I recommend in Methylcobalamin form as it’s better absorbed . The stuff you spray under your tongue is great