Back!

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought I'd reintroduce myself as it's been a long time since I posted here.

I'm 35, and was diagnosed two and a half years ago with Type 2. After being relatively in control with Lixisenatide injections and Metformin, a serious gum infection (now treated) knocked my levels out of whack and they never returned to my normal. This week I dragged myself in to see my DSN when my fasting levels hit 24.5mmol, and I was promptly put on Gliclazide and given a machine to test ketones.
The Gliclazide has worked almost immediately, and today has been the first day I've felt like I've got any energy in months.
However, I'm aware that Gliclazide causes weight gain, so I need to be here and need to be regimented in order to avoid that.

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. Gliclazide only causes weight gain if you eat too many carbs. It works by making the pancreas produce more insulin which has been lacking. That insulin enables the body to burn the carbs or store them as fat.

Reactions: 2 people

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. Gliclazide only causes weight gain if you eat too many carbs. It works by making the pancreas produce more insulin which has been lacking. That insulin enables the body to burn the carbs or store them as fat.

That's what I'm hoping!
I've still got a lot to lose, so I'm trying to focus on staying on track.