background insulin

brontebailey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
hi i went to the hospital yesterday and my diabetic nurse is very pleased with my progress i was reading 26 12 days ago now with the help of levimir and novorapid my numbers are between 11 and 7 mainly 7 8 my nurse uped my background insulin from 2 to 5 units at night time because they are still around 11 in the morning so i upped it last night but there was no difference to my blood sugar reading this morning it was still 11 should it have reduced this morning or will it take a few days to make a difference thankyou in advance

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It may take a few days to build the effect in your system. Which backround insulin are you on as some show changes more quickly than others

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I would have expected some change within a day? 5 units is still quite small so see how it goes and perhaps a further increase may be needed?

brontebailey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
i injected it into my thigh and my skin bubbled up and it bled which it doesnt usually do so im wondering if i bled some out it was like a bruised lump as if the insulin hadnt disperced

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
i injected it into my thigh and my skin bubbled up and it bled which it doesnt usually do so im wondering if i bled some out it was like a bruised lump as if the insulin hadnt disperced

You may have lost a small amount of insulin in the bleed, as Dave says, I would give it a couple of more days before adjusting the dose again.