1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Backsliding!

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by CDudley, Apr 30, 2016.

1. AndBreathe

AndBreathe I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

For me, testing was utterly funadmental to my acceptance of my diagnosis and the means by which I could measure my progress. My OH just couldn't take the diagnosis in until I showed him my earliest readings and the non-diabetic ranges on here.

Once I saw the facts for myself, I just got on with it. I can't urge you strongly enough to test.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. MargJ

MargJ Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My husband is seriously ill with Crohn's disease, not diabetes. It's his friend who might lose his leg. I don't know how to convince this friend that the eat well plate is not doing him any good. His diabetic nurse tells him to eat carbs, so he does!

3. Catlady19

Catlady19 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Now listen here 'Little Miss Naughty' it is about time you pulled yourself together and got on track. It will be no good coming crying to us when your leg is missing or you are having to get someone to read these posts because you are blind! Now then, no more nonsense!

Did that help? ;) Why not try to wean yourself off by dangling a treat of some description at the end of each day? You must be good all day if you want the treat.... then make it two days..... then three? Worth a try maybe.

I have personally got back on track by going to Slimming World and I know a lot of people on here don't approve but I have found it has focused my eating habits and I am losing weight. The fact that you get on the scales in front of people each week and produce a written food diary (that could be another suggestion - it does help you focus on what you are eating) has helped me enormously.

Also, how about try planning your meals for the whole week and only shopping for those things. Then avoid going into shops during the week and you wont be tempted?

Good luck. x :)

• Like Like x 6
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook