Bad day on metformin

letstalk1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I thought surgery cures T2 in most people?
If they do a healthy must do after surgury way of eating , if junk out etc..... it can still be there and weight gain , its all about what you swallow and in stomach , I know people who had gastric bypas and didnt follow all the ''must do afters'' and got heavier or stayed the same -overweight and BG way to high all because they still ate what they wanted , which goes to prove Fix your mind fix your health and most other things.- way of thinking. Some may not agree with me and thats ok all this is my opinion and we all have our own opinions.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
The tier3 educates dieters. Assesses them for binge eating or emotional eating.
It is a huge amount of hoops to go through before surgery now due to past reckless dieters.
Mind u I don't mind, some is turning out to be a very positive experience, so far.
Like anything, everyone has their own experience. Only patients whose been through it can tell you what happens. I haven't had mine yet. I'm hearing plenty from those who have thou.
It's weird. We are all have very different pre-op weights but have experienced the same no loss period in times of huge effort in the past. I'm in good company, like on here.

My expectations are not unreasonable. Just weight loss. (on the basis of eating far less (without hunger) creates a deficit of energy.) I will be relying on metformin's magic throughout too. I add weight without it!

38candy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I think everyone is different where this stuff is concerned and when I first started taking it I did have some problems afterward, although initially on one 500mg a day I can say that I knew I'd had it when it came to the next visit to the toilette. The pharmacist asked a month or so later how I was getting on with it and I told her and she suggested I try taking it just after a meal and since then I've been fine

Hi that's what I do and works for me

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Before I left for the US I asked to switch to Metformin SR because the regular one had having the runs and severe headaches when I moved up to three.

This week I have moved up to 2x500mg of the slow release, and far from being on the loo constantly, I am completely clogged up. Worse, I am at a tennis tournament, so working all day in the media centre, not sure when we can have lunch and dinner and very limited good options.

I think I have no choice but to stop taking the metformin for now (today) and drink as much water as is humanly possible just to be able to go. Then again I have had the occasional other extreme.

Anyone else had this issue?

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
I had 4 yrs of metformin hell! I would never go back on it. I just wish I'd had shares in a look roll company, as they must have been in profit with my usage!
I asked a district nurse friend why give metformin when the side effects can be so bad. Her reply "BECAUSE THEY ARE CHEAP"!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app