Bad day

62Rose

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Two late nights and a fun filled day yesterday with family who are visiting seems too much for me now :(
I’ve had a terrible night and feel really off this morning. Particularly weak legs, nausea, palpitations and a headache that won’t clear even after a few small meals. Anyone else get this? Any suggestions as to what to try next please, I don’t suppose the Chronic pancreatitis helps but I just wonder if I’m missing something I should be eating or doing that might help.
Thanks

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey @62Rose

Are you testing your blood? (Apologies if that's been asked previously elsewhere) How was your BG yesterday? Are you LCHF?

It could just be that you're exhausted and a bit wrung-out. Or coming down with a bug. @ringi once suggested a stock cube in a cup of hot water as a restorative. It sounds vile (though it's much nicer than you'd think) but I find it's effective every time, whether I've got an upset stomach, especially awful period or am just feeling blurgy.

If you're still feeling icky tomorrow, get a GP appointment, just in case. However, fingers crossed you get well soon.

Sock xx

Reactions: 62Rose

62Rose

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hey @62Rose

Are you testing your blood? (Apologies if that's been asked previously elsewhere) How was your BG yesterday? Are you LCHF?

It could just be that you're exhausted and a bit wrung-out. Or coming down with a bug. @ringi once suggested a stock cube in a cup of hot water as a restorative. It sounds vile (though it's much nicer than you'd think) but I find it's effective every time, whether I've got an upset stomach, especially awful period or am just feeling blurgy.

If you're still feeling icky tomorrow, get a GP appointment, just in case. However, fingers crossed you get well soon.

Sock xx

Thank you , no I don’t test regularly as I always bounce back if I go too low. I always seem to get symptoms afterwards! Just now I thought I felt a bit weird and then before I have had a chance to eat anything I start sweating and get a pain in my back and know it’s too late to test. I try to eat LCHF every 1-2 hours but yesterday with all the excitement I did eat quite late in the afternoon and that’s when it all started going wrong I think. I’m never good in the morning but today was extreme, really depressing too. I have never tried a stock cube but I will try anything not to feel like this. I just ate a little bit of LC choc, peanut butter and coconut oil that I make and it can help but not always, so will see how I feel in an hour or so and maybe have it then.

Thanks for your help. It is unbearable sometimes and so hard to explain to the family. I wish I could get them to understand how important timing of food intake is to me, they just think I am being controlling and/or making a fuss.

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's one of those things covered by that super-vague phrase, "You don't know what you don't know... until you know it."

Fingers crossed you're on the mend soon.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
so if you have chronic pancreatitis why do you feel your not diabetic. youve heard of type 3c with those symptoms and your knowledge that your bg go low i would be asking for an insulin test to see how much is being produced. an hba1c test would not hurt either.

62Rose

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I have had rafts of tests and I’m sure he tested that just recently but will ask again on Thursday, thanks.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I think the clue is in the fact you say you had a terrible night.
I know from my experience that not getting a half decent nights rest can be awful for the following day or so.
Also after a tiring day, wouldn't have helped.

Sometimes you just have to be careful how much you do and get as much rest as possible and not overdo eating too much, as that won't help either.
Just keep to what has worked for you so far.

Best wishes

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like maybe you had a bit to much of the good time and now you are feeling the after affects. Drink plenty of fluid and rest and if you still feel bad tomorrow maybe try and see the doctor as you might have a bug You say you usually eat every one to two hours do you really feel you need to eat that often.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sounds like maybe you had a bit to much of the good time and now you are feeling the after affects. Drink plenty of fluid and rest and if you still feel bad tomorrow maybe try and see the doctor as you might have a bug You say you usually eat every one to two hours do you really feel you need to eat that often.

Unfortunately, @62Rose has been advised to, it is to prevent the hypos from happening and maintain blood sugar levels at or near normal levels.
This is common advice, indeed, myself after diagnosis was advised exactly the same, but, after experimenting and testing found that I didn't have to. But I have Reactive Hypoglycaemia not pancreatic cysts.

62Rose

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Just to report the stock cube did help a bit, I managed a small meal at lunch time but my appetite is poor. Took it much easier yesterday and rested as much as possible, had a normal night awake every 2/3 hours but finally woke up feeling better than yesterday thankfully. This morning I had an egg latte (diet doctor recipe) as I would normally and my stomach is marking such loud gurgling noises you would hear them from another room! I’ve already had a couple of sweats since waking but already feel today may be a better day.
Also yesterday evening I dropped off to sleep in front of the TV and woke up suddenly a while later feeling desperate and with a pounding & heavy heart, similar to the morning, I strongly believe I hypoed and then woke up as I was bouncing back but the strength of feeling was new, very upsetting.. I don’t feel like this at all this morning thankfully.
Can anyone else relate to this?
Thanks everyone it really helps me to get this all down.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, again.

I can't remember but have you a glucometer?
Not knowing what is happening with your blood glucose levels may be part of the problems you are having.
It all sounds like hypos or false hypos or even fluctuating levels, it even could be carb flu! These are all relative to the symptoms you are having. If you are not testing when you are going through these symptoms, we could be advising you wrongly.

Bet you will be glad when Thursday comes around!

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some potentially personal questions, but it's easy to go "Diabetes!" whenever anything odd or unexpected happens. Is there a chance you could be suffering from reflux or some kind of anxiety? When I'm super-worried about stuff, I tend to shoulder it well during the day (read: internalise) and then wake up in a panic in the middle of the night - what you described reminded me strongly of this.

However, and pleased that you're feeling a little better. Just take it slowly, look after yourself. xx

62Rose

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi, again.

I can't remember but have you a glucometer?
Not knowing what is happening with your blood glucose levels may be part of the problems you are having.
It all sounds like hypos or false hypos or even fluctuating levels, it even could be carb flu! These are all relative to the symptoms you are having. If you are not testing when you are going through these symptoms, we could be advising you wrongly.

Bet you will be glad when Thursday comes around!

Hi, yes I’d but by the time I have symptoms and test I am on the way back up again normally around 5. When I was using the CGM I was getting symptoms even when above 5? I don’t think it’s carb flu as I eat the same things all the time and very low carb.

Yes I will just need to get all my questions ready!

62Rose

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Some potentially personal questions, but it's easy to go "Diabetes!" whenever anything odd or unexpected happens. Is there a chance you could be suffering from reflux or some kind of anxiety? When I'm super-worried about stuff, I tend to shoulder it well during the day (read: internalise) and then wake up in a panic in the middle of the night - what you described reminded me strongly of this.

However, and pleased that you're feeling a little better. Just take it slowly, look after yourself. xx
If it is anxiety it has been going on for years and i somehow doubt it more likely to be the pancreatitis or cysts. I will be asking about insulin levels but I just read my HB1ac was 5.3% back in August so that’s ok I think? I actually think it was exhaustion and not eating enough and at the right time maybe.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If it is anxiety it has been going on for years and i somehow doubt it more likely to be the pancreatitis or cysts. I will be asking about insulin levels but I just read my HB1ac was 5.3% back in August so that’s ok I think? I actually think it was exhaustion and not eating enough and at the right time maybe.

Yes, if you are used to eating regularly as you have been told, not eating and tiredness and sleep deprivation, will do that to you.

But these symptoms can be something that has been suggested like BP.
Or even a virus, cold or flu!

Anxiety can be attributed to high insulin levels, hypos and fluctuating blood levels. That would not surprise me. I had terrible anxiety before diagnosis and of course low carb.

62Rose

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Feeling very flat. Went to consultant yesterday. Appointment apparently moved to March 8, still saw me though but no one in the department able to download the CGM results so nothing to discuss and got to wait another two weeks !!!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
That is poor!
Only two weeks! (That is shocking!)

Keep your chin up, it will hopefully pass quickly.

62Rose

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
What a long two weeks this is and having had a rough weekend too:( My family are away so I’m on my own and last night wondered if I might not wake up again I felt so weird, I ended up eating at 4pm and managed to stop my usual banging headache first thing but I know I will have to eat little and often this morning to feel better, it’s just that I’m really losing interest in food and feeling more and more hopeless about everything. I had severe heart palpitations and fluttering last night, does anyone else suffer from this? Also a strange feeling in my fingertips?
This is how ate yesterday, if anyone can suggest where I went wrong please do, I kept sweating every couple of hours all day?
7.00 egg latte
9.00 bacon,egg spinach and two small cherry tomatoes half a slice of low carb toast, mayonnaise
10.50. Low carb chocolate bar I make with peanut butter and coconut oil(normally keeps me balanced until lunch)
Feeling very unwell so
11.20 quarter of a Eat Natural Protein bar
Still not right
12.00 another quarter of bar (not at home all morning so no choice and nearly didn’t drive home as I felt so weird)
13.00 Sausages and stir fry cabbage,leeks,,onion and a tiny piece of carrot
15.30. half a slice of peanut butter on low carb bread
17.00 handful of Brazil nuts
17. 45 Tuna and Mayonnaise with a big salad, lettuce, spinach celery and tomato
20.00. Half a slice of peanut butter on low carb toast ( I think, my brain really wasn’t working well by now)
21.00 egg latte, coconut oil, decaf coffee and an egg, vanilla extract
10.30 bed
Thanks