Bad employers we can bite back.

abwahnon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was put on disiplinary when I was diagnosed as I needed to see the doctors monthly to get my medications right. They forced a medical report from my doctor and made me near suicidal with stress.
In the end the union got involved and forced them to behave a little better but I am still forced to take medical appointments out of flex and holiday which is unlike all other staff.
My GP is disgusted with them and advised me to get another job.
After a year I have a new job lined up paying more money and with good terms. They are aware I am diabetic and will give me any time I need for medical appointments.
So I am serving notice now. Have 3 months to serve. So far 6 weeks in and had 4 weeks signed off sick by my GP for a knee injury. Am thankfully OK but have physio daily which my employer would make trouble for so GP will sign me off as much as I need.
It was such a pleasure to quit and leave them totally in the lurch.
Want to know who they are?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
That's good to hear that you have managed to get another job, and sounds like it's with a good supportive company, well done.
I wish you all the best for you and your employment with the new company, good luck, sounds very postive:).

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Go on do tell
Not Boots is it?

abwahnon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It was EADS they have all the right policies but just ignore them when the management feel like it.