1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Arrived here after watching The Truth About Carbs? Join the Low Carb Program for meal plans & 10 weeks of simple steps into your new lifestyle
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Bad reaction to gliclazide

Discussion in 'Diabetes Medication and Drugs' started by Chrisbeadell, May 20, 2015.

  1. Boo1979

    Boo1979 Other · Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,354
    Likes Received:
    666
    Trophy Points:
    153
    Ive been on Gliclizide for over 20 years with no side effects.
    I think when it comes to medicine safety there is no med that is 100% safe and its all a bit of a numbers game so that with most medications. Theres a safety threshold where some common but non life threatening side effects are seen to be acceptable but theres also always a % of people who will suffer more extreme reactions - ie the drugs may be tested and licensed as safe for say 99% of people but theres always the other 1%
    . For me its penicillin and most new generation antibiotics that produce quite extreme and unsafe adverse reactions
     
    #21 Boo1979, Jan 13, 2018 at 10:02 PM
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  • Meet the Community

    Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

    Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

    Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

  • Like us on Facebook