1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Badge Of Honour

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by **shell**, Aug 16, 2018.

1. **shell**

**shell** Type 1 · Well-Known Member

With the increase in popularity and the summer months I have noticed a surprising benefit of the Libre... You are no longer invisible to other diabetics!

I have been stopped (and stopped people too) to acknowledge the fact that we share some common ground. It has opened up conversations with people I would normally not have the slightest clue were diabetic. I even spotted people when on my recent holiday in Thailand, although didn't have the opportunity to ask how they managed to keep it stuck in that humidity!

If you find me walking around Newcastle please stop me and say hello.

X

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  2. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Great post @**shell** I too love meeting other diabetics and chatting about the sensor and other 'd' stuff, my funniest moment so far has to be in Morrisons when a cashier tried to tell me i'd got something stuck to the back of my arm.. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Expert

A friend of mine thought it was a nicotine patch ... and I have never smoked!

But it is interesting to see others around with a Libre. I think of it as a secret code only those with diabetes share.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook