Ballad of a thin man - 49 to 35 in 4 months

BravoKilo

Some early Christmas cheer! Just got my (private) blood tests back. My HbA1c is down to 35 after 4 months of moderate low-carb diet, exercise and no medication. :)

Minimal weight loss (2kg, BMI 21.7) - have always had normal BMI.

Low-carb as in around 50 to 70g Carbs a day, with as large a variety of food as possible within that - flexitarian. (No bread, pasta, rice, oats, barley etc but a few legumes, e.g. chickpeas & lentils).

Will keep on keeping on!

There is still a way to go: My fasting BG is typically in prediabetic range, but fluctuates a lot - this looks to be a common theme with low-Carb?
Daily average BG is around 6.5 to 6.7 (from Libre & finger pricking), and BG never goes below 5 so was surprised by the 35 HbA1c.
Libre readings posted in https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/posts/2459895/

Oh, and LDL Cholesterol is up @ 3.1 with HDL OK @ 1.5.

Comments & feedback welcome.

(Background: was not diagnosed T2D (by reluctant GP) until 2018, despite having 2 hr OGTT readings of 15.2 & 11.1 in 2014. Never been on medication).

Reactions: Bubbleblower

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And to think that just today I was talking with a friend about Bob Dylan ... :)

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad someone got the reference!
Missed my return reference? I quoted the song for you!
Tried to find something suitable from Tangled up in blue as well, as suspecting the "keep on keeping on" might have been another play on a Dylan song, but nothing usable in that one.

BravoKilo

Missed my return reference? I quoted the song for you!
Tried to find something suitable from Tangled up in blue as well, as suspecting the "keep on keeping on" might have been another play on a Dylan song, but nothing usable in that one.

Yes indeed - cannot believe I missed that the first time I read your post! One more cup of coffee before I go …

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So ... was Bob Dylan really writing about "Mr" Brian "Jones"? I always thought he meant some reporter or critic.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So ... was Bob Dylan really writing about "Mr" Brian "Jones"? I always thought he meant some reporter or critic.
If you know the answer you're smarter than all self proclaimed Dylanologists together!
I don't think we'll get a definitive answer to the exact meaning of many songs.

And considering Dylans tendency to write by association, I think many songs do not have a definitive meaning.