Bang Bang You Shot Me Down Bang Bang

D

Diabeticliberty

About 3 weeks ago on a Sunday evening my brother was on a shoot in the Cairngorm National Park. Unfortunately he shot a golden eagle stone cold dead and was witnessed by 2 wildlife protection officers. Within ten minutes he was in the back of their van in handcuffs. An hour later he was in a police cell awaiting his fate which seemed bleak. On Monday morning he found himself in the Scottish High Court such was the seriousness of his transgression. Stood in the dock he was fronted by the judge who asked 'Tell me did you commit this heinous crime?' My brother responded 'Yes m'lud I did but it was a pure accident' The judge appeared perplexed and questioned my brother further 'Prey tell me, how does one get to shoot a golden eagle by accident?' My brother started to explain ' Well m'lud I drew a bead with my 12 bore shotgun on a big dirty crow. I fired both barrels BANG BANG and the big old silly golden eagle flew into my shot string. I did kill said protected bird of prey but it was a pure accident' The judge raised an eyebrow and replied 'Well that is a most unfortunate occurrence but I can see how it might happen. Could I ask you what you did with the big old bird?' My brother continued 'Well m'lud it seemed a pity to waste a life so I ate it' The judge looked completely bemused 'You cooked and ate a golden eagle!!!!!!! I have to ask up you what did it taste like? My brother wrinkled his nose and replied 'Well m'lud it's nowhere near as tasty as swan'