Bank Holiday

Tannith

BANNED
Bank Holiday coincides with a family birthday. How glad I am that my T 2 is in remission because I did Newcastle (completed at the very end of last year) This meant I could have roast dinner with everyone (second since easter) - no dessert for any of us though, we are always all too full! My carbs tolerance is now back to that of the rest of the family and will remain so unless and until I put weight back on and go back above my Personal Fat Threshold.
It wasn't a walk in the park that first three months but now I don't have to face an entire lifetime of low carb eating, just normal calorie intake! So much easier in the long run.

Hotpepper20000

Bank Holiday coincides with a family birthday. How glad I am that my T 2 is in remission because I did Newcastle (completed at the very end of last year) This meant I could have roast dinner with everyone (second since easter) - no dessert for any of us though, we are always all too full! My carbs tolerance is now back to that of the rest of the family and will remain so unless and until I put weight back on and go back above my Personal Fat Threshold.
It wasn't a walk in the park that first three months but now I don't have to face an entire lifetime of low carb eating, just normal calorie intake! So much easier in the long run.
That is so great. All your hard work in the beginning paid off.
Unfortunately not all of us can do what you did because it’s not always about losing excess weight to manage type 2.
So for me it’s Low carb for the rest of my life but I am healthier for it.

Reactions: Rachox

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad to read that you are happy with the outcome of all your hard work and I hope that it goes on working for you.
I need to stay low carb in order to control my weight - far rather be doing that and much easier than calorie counting - having to estimate or weigh everything I ate was always so restricting - and I had to do that or see my weight going up and up and it was always so hard to lose again.
My BG levels are good, Hba1c normal, but still more weight to lose so I will be sticking to LCHF for the foreseeable future.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I'm so glad that Newcastle worked for you. Sounds like you had a splendid Bank Holiday and good weather, too. Win, win.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Winner winner chicken dinner!