Banting and Best

barbarapreston

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Large dogs, loud music and bad language
Today thanks to those two gentleman I celebrate 65 years as a diabetic.The 8th of February 1954 was a Monday,the Doctor had seen me the previous week ,a 10 year old child, and arranged to admit on the Monday.It was nearly too late but 6 weeks in hospital sorted me out.I haven't been in hospital for diabetes since I was a teenager and overdosed on sweets.Anyway that's enough about me,so here's something that should amuse us elders
I have been in many places but I've never been in Kahoots.Apparentlyyou can't go alone.You have to be in Kahoots
with someone
I've also never been in Cognito zI hear no one recognises you there.I have however been in Sane.They don't have an airport,you have to be driven there.I have made several trips there,thanks to my children ,friends,family and work.I would like to go to Conclusions but you have to jump and I'm not much on physical activity anymore.Ive been in
Flexible but only when it was very important to stand firm.Sometimes I'm in Capable,and I go there more often as I'm
getting older.I may have been in Continent,but I don't remember what country I was in? It's an age thing.They tell me
it's very wet and cold there

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@barbarapreston . Why have I never seen you on the forum before???????
What a lovely and amusing post.
65 yrs WOW.
You are most definitely the winner of today’s “ Top banana “ award.
( it’s just something silly I give people who I feel deserve a bit of extra recognition ).

Reactions: Dodo and becca59

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations on your 65 years, may there be many more! :D

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Absolutely fabulous post! The awards are in the post, very well done, Madame.

Last edited: