Barbeque

Gaffer type 1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Food lol
Well I was hesitant to do a bq today as I didn't know how I'd react to all the different foods, but surprising bg level was 8.8 an hour afterwards so was really happy cause who wouldn't want a bq on a day like this...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I was hesitant to do a bq today as I didn't know how I'd react to all the different foods, but surprising bg level was 8.8 an hour afterwards so was really happy cause who wouldn't want a bq on a day like this...

Oh yes.

After a day like this, keep an eye on the insulin sensitivity. Food grazing & possibly alcohol?

Have fun & keep the meter handy. :)

Gran25

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Speaking of BBQ, my friend who is an amazing cook, grilled quartered green cabbage to accompany salmon and mixed grilled veggies. A quick side/side on the open flame and then into a tinfoil pouch with liberal amounts of butter garlic and black pepper. Grilled on the cooler part of the BBQ for 15 minutes or so till tender...it was to die for!

D

Deleted member 308541

I forgot to mention corn salad, or cobs corn is a definite no go on barbeque.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1

The OP posts as a T1/lada. With a bit of forethought and planning, there's no reason at all why a T1/lada can't eat a barby corn on the cob.

Reactions: porl69
D

Deleted member 308541

The OP posts as a T1/lada. With a bit of forethought and planning, there's no reason at all why a T1/lada can't eat a barby corn on the cob.
I was talking about myself, it's up to the OP if he want to eat it.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
We used to barbeque fish fingers as chidren. I recommend them.

Gaffer type 1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Food lol
On the bq I had chicken drumsticks,chedder cheese burger in a wholemeal bun and bacon. Side salad bolied egg. 4 units before.. Rapidnovo 2hrs later 8.8.... Don't even ask me about later that evening..
I stay away from corn as a rule even though I make a chilli lentils pasta bake I'll normally add a bit of corn more for colour than anything.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had 2 bbqs in 2 days. Last knight I rolled steak into a ymmy slice of jarsberg. No bun needed.

Gaffer type 1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Food lol
How funny all this talk about foods,, just had a hypo 3.5..feeling cushy again now