Basal allergies

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Judgemental medical professionals
I've been put on Insuman by the hospital & instructed to inject this basal into my stomach, as my legs appear to be hypo sensitive. I did this last night and have had serious night sweats, so uncomfortable. Is this normal for basal? As it was one of the problems/side effects I had previously with insulatard, lantus & levimere?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sorry your thread has not been answered. It could well be an allergic reaction given your history with the previous insulins, if you haven't done so already I would get in touch with the hospital team and mention the night sweats.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya.

I used to use Insuman Basal. It's an intermediate acting insulin. It's nothing like Levemir or Lantus. It only lasts about 12 to 14 hours, so you will almost certainly need to split the dose morning and evening.

I didn't get night sweats with it, but it does have a really strong peak at 4 to 6 hours after taking it. If you take too much, you can easily hypo with it. I suggest you set your alarm and test overnight for a couple of nights to make sure the night sweats are not hypos. I found it a really good insulin though.

Smidge