Basal test when on a split dose

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It depends on your results.. generally if high or low 2-3 hours after eating you would alter bolus but if you have lie ins, total relaxation etc then it would indicate leaning towards basal. However... if you are eating foods high in carbs/fat etc like pizzas etc it coukd jyst be the different foods! There are so many factors that the best thing to do (for me) is basal test iver weekend at varying times... and then that will give the basics to look at...

My food tends to be the same. More the lie ins and lazing around :D

Reactions: donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I would suggest that you may need different doses for lie ins, lazy times...

And this may not be the long acting on the day, if you take at night you may have to alter that one...

Our bodies definitely know when at work or stress etc and when not. Same as hot to cold weather...

Inwould definitely be doing a basal test on a weekday (couple mornings, following few days eat norm and then a couple afternoons testing).

Testing on a first day of relaxation for weekends too.

Reactions: CranberryIce

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Will do.. at the moment I am putting my alarm on.. waking up to do my morning basal and then sleeping again. It is a pain- but I do it as I don’t want to wake up with ridiculously high BG.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Will do.. at the moment I am putting my alarm on.. waking up to do my morning basal and then sleeping again. It is a pain- but I do it as I don’t want to wake up with ridiculously high BG.

Agree with pain.. I hate doing it at 3.30 but needs must. I know I'm in a much better place healthwise mentally and physically by doing it...

The thing is though... to be able to go back to sleep after!!☹️

Reactions: CranberryIce