Basal testing / ratio rework

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello.

I believe my honeymoon has ended. I now only need to look at a carb and my blood sugar goes up to 20. Happy days! Now I realise why ppl said "make the most of ur honeymoon". Anyhoo I'm not exactly sure when this really happened because I was low carbing. I've been off the wagon for a while and am planning to get back on. However, I would still like to understand my new ratios and basal and correction amount. Luckily due to DAFNE I know how to adjust etc but I'm wondering shall I just go straight back to low carb and just work my ratios based on that?

It's such a hassle with the food diaries etc! Plus I've got a throat infection and my blood sugars are mental! Not sure where to start it all again.

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Give yourself a break until you feel better, or you will be chasing your tail . Once well, and you feel more motivated, then get back on the wagon. I doubt you would be able to accurately set your levels while you still have this infection anyway, it can play havoc:banghead:

Be gentle with yourself until you are properly well ;)

Signy

Reactions: 5 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Always start with some basal checks, if you don't get the basal dose right you will always be chasing your tail, once you get that right you can then look at your I:C ratio's.

Agree with Heathenlass, wait until you feel much better before doing anything, for now just follow the DAFNE Sick Day Rules that you learnt on the course. Hope your feeling better soon.

Reactions: 2 people

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck Emmotha: sorry you're feeling horrid. Get better.