1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

BBC Bulletproof Bias

Discussion in 'Diabetes Soapbox - Have Your Say' started by LittleGreyCat, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I absolutely love strong tasty coffee also - and love it even more with double cream.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dark Horse

Dark Horse · Well-Known Member

If the BBC reported all the claims made by Dave Asprey without putting the 'other side' of the story they could indeed be accused of bias. There are 1163 words in the article, only about 160 of which could be described as critical of bulletproof coffee. These are quite clearly quotes and not the BBC presenting them as fact. I'm guessing that as many people would see the article as being biased in favour of bulletproof coffee as would see the article being biased against bulletproof coffee.

3. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I suppose it’s a matter of perspective, but my reading of the article paints the picture a whack-job. The cherry on top being one-sided, supposedly expert opinion from a dietician, which is in fact factual nonsense. My personal interpretation is one of bias. It certainly wouldn’t be out of the ordinary when it comes to guys like Asprey ruffling the feathers of the influential.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook