BBC Bulletproof Bias

Dark Horse

If the BBC reported all the claims made by Dave Asprey without putting the 'other side' of the story they could indeed be accused of bias. There are 1163 words in the article, only about 160 of which could be described as critical of bulletproof coffee. These are quite clearly quotes and not the BBC presenting them as fact. I'm guessing that as many people would see the article as being biased in favour of bulletproof coffee as would see the article being biased against bulletproof coffee.

M

Member496333

If the BBC reported all the claims made by Dave Asprey without putting the 'other side' of the story they could indeed be accused of bias. There are 1163 words in the article, only about 160 of which could be described as critical of bulletproof coffee. These are quite clearly quotes and not the BBC presenting them as fact. I'm guessing that as many people would see the article as being biased in favour of bulletproof coffee as would see the article being biased against bulletproof coffee.

I suppose it’s a matter of perspective, but my reading of the article paints the picture a whack-job. The cherry on top being one-sided, supposedly expert opinion from a dietician, which is in fact factual nonsense. My personal interpretation is one of bias. It certainly wouldn’t be out of the ordinary when it comes to guys like Asprey ruffling the feathers of the influential.