BBC News today regarding a years aim to reduce calories in children's favourite foods.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Education for children must come from parents and school meals.
They get a sweet everyday. Carbs in their main meal too.
All I get when I complain is it's been oked by a dietician as the correct nutrients so a balanced meal. Yeh. Eatwell plate meal. Argh!!!
Children's hospital dietician approves school meals too but schools are recognising that children need help making healthy choices. All their food should be healthy choices, surely?

I agree, but how are countries going to re-educate parents, when many can't even be bothered to acknowledge or talk to their children( I see this a lot on buses !), because they are just to busy texting and talking on their phones. As I said, our world has become a much more lazier society, it's an on tap world for many, so why run, or go to the gym, or knock up a cheap and nutritional stir fry, because picking up a phone or a computer, is tragically a way of life.
I loved Home Economics in my school, learning and cooking from scratch was great fun and educational too, that's what school's should still do, but many don't, or it's just a short time in a year and not carried on throughout the child's life. Give children the incentive to cook and learn, it could open up a whole new world for them :)
Our government, whoever is in charge are idiot's when it comes to the common people, so, stupid is, stupid does..........

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I watched “That Sugar Film” where a man switched from low carb to typical high sugar junk food for four weeks whilst eating the same number of daily calories. The result was that he put on a lot of weight. Another film “Fat Head” had a reporter eat 2000 calories a day of junk food for a month, but mostly fat, and he actually lost weight. It seems that the type of food you eat does affect putting on weight and carbs, especially sugar are the main culprits. So you can eat a burger, but avoid the fries and coke.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I find that when I have more fat I eat less later in the day. Hence I am not convinced about cutting down on fat.
I find it's more to do with fat keeps bgs down and good bgs cut my appetite. Could that not what's happening for you too?

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Unlikely as the same happens for my wife and she is not diabetic so no big movements in her BG.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Unlikely as the same happens for my wife and she is not diabetic so no big movements in her BG.
That's very interesting. So fats make her appetite diminish or reduce too? I wonder what's making her appetite bigger in first place. Mind you my 2 sisters have huge appetites and they aren't diabetic either, well not yet. I think they trying too. They believe the rubbish about eating in obesity causes type2 too. Their genes are not same as mine, otherwise they would have had it decades ago. They are yo-yo dieters but 20st one minute and 12st the next with slimming world. They don't have problems losing weight, never have.
I believe in lchf for everyone except those it doesn't work for. Testimonials are the proof. It just didn't work for me, unfortunately. Trust me to be odd.
In fact I added and needed more insulin. R-ala supplement helped my insulin find its natural path and resulted in needing less.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A lot of the research says that when we eat fat (without a lot of carbs) our body sends a message to your brain telling us we are full. Details are given in a lot of the low-carb books and is about 20 pages worth of information on how it works.

Hence for most people cutting carbs and eating unlimited fat results in them eating a lot less than they did before without them trying.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A lot of the research says that when we eat fat (without a lot of carbs) our body sends a message to your brain telling us we are full. Details are given in a lot of the low-carb books and is about 20 pages worth of information on how it works.

Hence for most people cutting carbs and eating unlimited fat results in them eating a lot less than they did before without them trying.
I ate small on it too but maybe I was just burning off dietary fat and nothing from current full fat cells?
I feel I've lost muscle mass too on low carb, low fat. I could more than afford to lose some but not everyone can. If I started with diabetes in my 50s or 60s then I'd be worried but I'm very heavily muscle endowed. Still. I'm just so so thankful I'm at last losing. Nearly 3stones since xmas now. If I can get another 5st loss on bariatric surgery restriction I'd feel free from the heavy fat pinning me down and restricting my fulfilling healthy life. Fingers crossed.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Exercise can build muscle mass, but it is unreasonable to expect people who are over weight to exercise much, hence if losing a lot of fat requires losing a bit of muscle mass, so what, as the muscle mass can then be regained. Provided "store stability" remains good enough to prevent falls at all times.