Been away for a while..

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone, I've not been on here for a reallyyyy long time, had a lot going on but have really missed you all!

Been having some probs with bg readings which I'm not starting to get back under control slowly as they have been rather high - being a parent when diabetic is tough man, you never get a second to yourself! My 'baby' francesca is now 13 months and definitely demands all of my attention!
585f56b5d2666b64b1e0c41ddcd37c2b.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well, looking forward to chatting with everyone again

Abbie

Sent from my SM-G930F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yep!

But we do it. Well done.

I couldnt consider bariatric surgery til my toddler now is starting school in september. Hurray!
Some of my life back, he he.

I'm going to kick this diabetic ar$ e.
Looking for far far less insulin injections or none.
Still cannot exercise except painful walking. I think tramadol isn't working as well as it used to, too.

We fight on, eh?

Reactions: zand and Snapsy

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Reactions: Mrsass and Snapsy

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, I've not been on here for a reallyyyy long time, had a lot going on but have really missed you all!

Been having some probs with bg readings which I'm not starting to get back under control slowly as they have been rather high - being a parent when diabetic is tough man, you never get a second to yourself! My 'baby' francesca is now 13 months and definitely demands all of my attention!
585f56b5d2666b64b1e0c41ddcd37c2b.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well, looking forward to chatting with everyone again

Abbie

Sent from my SM-G930F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

what a sweet and beautiful little girl... and oh yes I do remember how demanding it was also with my daughter when little, she hardly ever slept and one had to have an eye on everything she was doing for security reasons... but well when children are around 4 years old most can play by themselves some hours in a day... try to let her do that only for a few minutes in between so that she doesn´t think everything shall be experienced through mother... but well she is actually a bit too little for that right now...

another aspect is that children who get very much attension when being very small actually seems to become more instelligent and manage better in life... which is probably why the number one child seems to be the most intelligent in average compared to the all the other numbers in the row of sibling...

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It's lovely to see your avatar too. Beautiful. She is a credit to you.
One strong mummy.
Go get those naughty bgs in remission. :) :) :)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Mrsass . Welcome back to the forum. Don't think we've met before as it were.
I'm a grandparent so only do the " not a minute to myself " on a part time basis nowadays, and I have to admit it's a struggle BUT i wouldn't change it for anything.
Hope you get everything back in control and you and your daughter have fun fun fun.

Reactions: Mrsass
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Great to see you back @Mrsass , your little girl is gorgeous., you must be a very proud mum. Take care and I'm sure you will be back on a even keel very soon.

Reactions: himtoo and Mrsass