Been invited out to a chippy restaurant today...

M

Member496333

Agreed it is personal choice but why let it stop you going out to eat .We usually go out to enjoy time with friends and family and not let what we do or don't eat eat stop us

Who is “we” and “us”? Certainly not me. Please refrain from judging my personal choices by your own standards. My comment was a statement of my own dietary requirements and expectations, and I even qualified it with the idea that I’m “funny like that”. If I do not wish to visit an eatery due to their cooking methods, then that is my business. It has a positive impact on my life, not a negative one. It doesn’t prevent me from going outside. You can disagree freely but, respectfully, you can’t sensibly promote the virtues of personal choice if the only personal choices you are not judging are your own, or those of other people who share them with you.

So no, I personally don’t consume seed oils, which means not going to chip shops, since everything they serve is fried in baths of the stuff. But as we are tolerant adults, I’m sure we can disagree amicably :D

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I honestly see both points of view and agree with both of them. There is a happy medium to be had, I am sure.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Who is “we” and “us”? Certainly not me. Please refrain from judging my personal choices by your own standards. My comment was a statement of my own dietary requirements and expectations, and I even qualified it with the idea that I’m “funny like that”. If I do not wish to visit an eatery due to their cooking methods, then that is my business. It has a positive impact on my life, not a negative one. It doesn’t prevent me from going outside. You can disagree freely but, respectfully, you can’t sensibly promote the virtues of personal choice if the only personal choices you are not judging are your own, or those of other people who share them with you.

So no, I personally don’t consume seed oils, which means not going to chip shops, since everything they serve is fried in baths of the stuff which was not the reason for my post in the first place. But as we are tolerant adults, I’m sure we can disagree amicably :D
It is actually my personal preference not to use seed oils so certainly not judging yours I just thought it just sounded so sad if you would let something like cooking oil stop you from going out to eat.

Major Buckmaster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stuff
Well, I went out for dinner and had the fish without batter and salad the salad had sweet corn and peppers in it but I ate it anyway I wouldn't normally chose to eat sweet corn now. I was 4.8 before the meal and 6.6 2 hours later not a rise I was wanting tbh but not a bad spike either.
That’s not a spike is it?

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
I would hope that nobody is imposing their personal choice on anyone else on this forum.

We can only speak from our personal experiences and express our preferences and I hope we accept that others will see things/act, differently. I very rarely eat out these days apart from the occasional KFC (Chicken only-no chips) and yes that's my choice and there is no noticeable spike afterwards. I am intimidated by anything resembling a remotely decent eating establishment anyways and the local chippys are not of good quality.

Major Buckmaster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stuff
I would hope that nobody is imposing their personal choice on anyone else on this forum.

We can only speak from our personal experiences and express our preferences and I hope we accept that others will see things/act, differently. I very rarely eat out these days apart from the occasional KFC (Chicken only-no chips) and yes that's my choice and there is no noticeable spike afterwards. I am intimidated by anything resembling a remotely decent eating establishment anyways and the local chippys are not of good quality.

I tried some chips from the chippy the other day. They were horrible. Can’t eat potato anymore. I’m not sure why I liked them in the first place.