Beer

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So it's sunny out today, gonna have a bbq I don't really drink anymore but decided to treat myself to a bottle of beer in the sun. What is the lower carb ones i could choose, I picked up a pint bottle of a local but have no idea what might be in it, at this point I'm going to drink it and see what happens, normally I stick to whiskey when I do have an odd tipple.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I'd drink it too in fact I have a couple of bottles left over from Christmas so cheers.:)

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So it's sunny out today, gonna have a bbq I don't really drink anymore but decided to treat myself to a bottle of beer in the sun. What is the lower carb ones i could choose, I picked up a pint bottle of a local but have no idea what might be in it, at this point I'm going to drink it and see what happens, normally I stick to whiskey when I do have an odd tipple.
Hiya, coors light, bud light, michelob ultra or if you can find it, marstons resolution low c, just 3.3g carbs per pint :) enjoy.

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the info on Marstons Resolution @chri5 I'm not a huge beer drinker (well I like a Tetley's due to my Northern roots) but have avoid since on LHCF. Looks like they deliver https://www.classicales.co.uk/Products/Marstons_Resolution_Premium_Beer/66 - maybe one to order and keep stored away for those days when only a beer will do!
Hiya, classic ales do deliver, I am fortunate that I only live about a 30min drive from Banks`s brewery so I just order and collect. I don`t know what sort of beer you like but resolution is a pleasant, dry and slightly hoppy pale ale type of drink. It is quite strong at 4.7% abv and very low carb at 1.65g/275ml bottle. I find it best chilled, mind you I`m fairly chilled after a few of these as well ;). Cheers, Chris.

Reactions: 2 people

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was always led to believe that Holsten pils was one of the best (least worst) but its hard to find info on them and it varies from "next to nothing" to 10g a can depending on the site you are on.....

This time of year a generally have a pint of lager to quench my thirst so to speak then move on to the vino..:)

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was always led to believe that Holsten pils was one of the best (least worst) but its hard to find info on them and it varies from "next to nothing" to 10g a can depending on the site you are on.....

This time of year a generally have a pint of lager to quench my thirst so to speak then move on to the vino..:)
I`m pretty sure that Resolution Low C is marketed as the lowest carb beer you can get, it`s certainly the lowest that I`ve seen and believe me I`ve done my research on this one ;). I agree with the vino, I love my red wine!

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like a cold beer in France when we camp there through August, I'm even thinking of taking some of Resolution with me - when I go away my control tends to go out of the window

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I've got 10 more weeks on my first phase of LCHF, after which I can test the occasional drink once again, so I think I'll order some Resolution. Pen fold, my roots are Northern as well, born and bread in Bradford, but 20 years in Cambridge now.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I sat out side in the back garden in the sunshine with a bottle of Marston's Old Empire IPA and thoroughly enjoyed it, I know IPA has more carbs than most beer over 20 odd grams per bottle. But when I tested later it had not raised my BG by a great amount so it was worth it..

Reactions: 5 people

Billy_Pilgrim

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
BG spikes, Nazis, papercuts.
Just picking up on this old thread - if you're looking for a smooth lager, Modelo Especial is just 4g carbs per bottle and they just started selling them in Tescos. I'd feel a bit wretched taking a Bud or Coors Lite to the cashier to be honest. For all the abject shame it causes, you might as well be presenting them with a copy of Razzle.