Beer

Wil burn

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Three pints is just about right tbh. The other good thing about a low carb diet is that beer tends to hit the spot **** sight quicker. you're more than welcome to sample the beers in my local anytime you want☺

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three pints is just about right tbh. The other good thing about a low carb diet is that beer tends to hit the spot **** sight quicker. you're more than welcome to sample the beers in my local anytime you want☺
I'll take you up on that so where abouts in the UK are you? I'd love to fit your pub into my travel plan if possible.

Dolpht1000

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Newly diagnosed, not had any beer since seeing the diabetes nurse. She told me not to drink because of its high sugar content. Anyone got any advice on what beer to drink or do I just leave it alone? Had a couple of gins but it's not the same. Thanks in advance for any advice
Cruz campo Spanish beer is lovely and 4.4%, if you go on Tesco app or Tesco.co.uk and look up Cruz campo beer as of 2024 and look at details and nutrition value on tesco app you’ll see that it’s one of the only beers that is completely sugar free, I think they remove sugar in process, check it out for yourself, I’m diabetic and it’s all I drink from time to time, it’s 3 pint bottles for £6, hope this helps

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cruz campo Spanish beer is lovely and 4.4%, if you go on Tesco app or Tesco.co.uk and look up Cruz campo beer as of 2024 and look at details and nutrition value on tesco app you’ll see that it’s one of the only beers that is completely sugar free, I think they remove sugar in process, check it out for yourself, I’m diabetic and it’s all I drink from time to time, it’s 3 pint bottles for £6, hope this helps
Just checked out the carb count which is the most important for lots of forum members and it’s 3.4g carb per 100ml which makes the bottle which is 660ml just over 22g carb which would be too high for me as I do keto, it is quite carby, do know test when you’ve been drinking it to see what it does to your BG?

timbo_dolman

Mostly drink spirits now with Coke Zero or wine.on a Saturday night. Couple of pints doesn’t seem to impact me BG wise though.

Been looking for Michelob Ultra but can’t find it anywhere? Anyone got any ideas where to get it?

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
Great! So vodka is ok too. I've only been drinking G n T . Don't mind it but its nice to have an option. I've heard that Holsten Pils is ok has anyone tried it?
I think Holsten Pils is about 12 carbs a can , pretty much the same as Peroni , Biera morreti ,Stella etc .

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mostly drink spirits now with Coke Zero or wine.on a Saturday night. Couple of pints doesn’t seem to impact me BG wise though.

Been looking for Michelob Ultra but can’t find it anywhere? Anyone got any ideas where to get it?
I dot know if you’ve seen this thread, if not you might find it interesting:)

Edited to add the thread link because I forgot :banghead:

Reactions: timbo_dolman

timbo_dolman

I dot know if you’ve seen this thread, if not you might find it interesting:)

Edited to add the thread link because I forgot :banghead:

Really interesting- cheers

Reactions: lovinglife

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Er, no. It's not.

Cruzcampo is indeed a nice beer but it is NOT sugar or carb free. I think the 330ml bottle is around 10-12g carbs, much the same as other beer.

There is zero carb beer around and I see others have posted the link to the thread on the forum.