Being induced early

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @louiseamy1991 :)

How are your blood sugars? Are you on any medication? There are other ladies here with GD but they come and go so you may have to wait for an answer. If you don't get much of a response here, I can move this thread to the Pregnancy section for you.

How many weeks pregnant are you? Have you been able to discuss things with your consultant? I have Type 1 not GD but I understood that some ladies with GD go pretty much to term if there aren't any concerns about mum or baby. For women with p-established diabetes, induction usually takes place in the 37 or 38th week, but it can vary.

Reactions: 2 people

dottyspot

Type of diabetes
Gestational
I have gestational diabetes and was wondering if others with GD are planning to be induced and if so at how many weeks gestation?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app
Hi i'm nearly 30 weeks and been told by my consultant he would induce 2 weeks early because of GD.. my sugars are all over the place and just been put on Metformin twice a day.. hoping this works, but so far my results are still high.. i get scanned every 2 weeks to keep an eye on baby and for them to check all my blood sugar results, i'm testing 7 times a day...

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had undiagnosed GD with my firstborn, went to term, born 9lbs 8Oz. With my second it was diagnosed, blood sugar tests x6 per day, increasing doses of Metformin until I reached maximum dose, scans every 2 wks but went to term. Inducing two weeks before term sounds a bit over managing it, maybe get a second opinion if you can.

Bond77

I had GD with my first, at 38 weeks had mild pre-clam, I then went on to have two failed inductions at 38 weeks and then a c section. I was told I would have a big baby, but he is was only 7lb 4oz. I think if it is just GD and sugars are ok, I would wait the next time.

mealingcg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope your pregnancy is going well! My first pregnancy I'm sure I had GD and was induced at 38 weeks, my son was 7lb 12, (this was 17 years ago and don't think testing was routine. I had another pregnancy 5 years ago and had confirmed. GD, my sugars were everywhere so I was started on insulin - wasn't too bad but was great seeing the correct numbers! My son was induced at 38 weeks and was 8lb 7. I'm in Wiltshire and was told that all GD patients are induced at 38 weeks.