Being induced

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey ladies,

So I'm 35 weeks on Wednesday and have a clinic appointment tomorrow! I'm so desperate for an induction date, I was just wondering when you all got yours?

My little mans measuring big so I don't think it's to long! Maybe at 37 weeks

Xxx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Madelinelowery

I'd guess you may be given a date at your appointment. It depends how frequently you see your consultant. I saw mine every 4 weeks so got my induction date at around 34 weeks.

I was told they generally like to induce between 37 and 38 weeks, all being well.

Yes, it's a great relief to get an induction date! I'm sure you won't have to wait long now :)

I took a list of questions about induction but was also given an info leaflet. It wasn't the nicest of experiences but so worth it for the peace of mind. I didn't want to be worrying the last few weeks.

Good luck :)

Reactions: 2 people

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Usually they aim for 37 weeks. Not longer than that.

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Didn't get my induction date this week!

Hopefully I'll get it at my next appointment as I'll be 36 weeks!m then! I'm seen every week at the moment so Iv got my fingers crossed!!

Xxx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Aww : ( That's disappointing.

I was happy to know some weeks in advance as I wanted to prepare myself. As it happened, I was induced earlier and suddenly anyway, so that plan didn't work!

Looking on the bright side, it shows they're not in a mad hurry to get baby out, which must mean you're both doing ok :)

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
We do expect pictures you know, we all like an awwww moment so do post please.