Being Told By An Experienced Diabetic Ward Nurse "i Think You're A Type1".

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I have to say, WOW ickihun , on the 4st weight loss. Well done and congratulations. I know just how hard it is to lose weight when you're really exercise limited (bmi firmly stuck at 36 ).

Do they make liquid metformin? Or are you thinking of putting the tablets in a blender and liquidising.
There is a liquid metformin but far far dearer than tablets.
I'm back from endo and we've decided to drop metformin, for now. I'm going to try Dapagliflozin again just for a small period of time. Also they are happy to support me doing a 800cals diet under close supervision.
The aim is to get to weight ideal for bariatric op.
I don't recommend blending slow release metformin nor normal metformin. Normal metformin can be converted by a pharmacist but liquid metformin is available.
I'm rather excited about this new phase. I've had a 5.5 already. A milkshake before bed will hopefully prevent a hypo but treatment is close to hand if reduction not effective yet.
Tomorrow I'll be on lower insulin units. That should help on its own.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun - it's fair to say that if you had traditionally presenting type 1 diabetes that had remained untreated since six years old, then you'd not be on the forum making posts. OF the other options, there are various factors that make you having a form of diabetes other than Type 2 quite unlikely as well. The key one that you mention is that you're the only one in your family, and most other forms have a genetic component that has usually shown up in previous generations.
Thanks @tim2000s. It's reassuring to get knowledge from those in the know. I trust your experience. :)
Ive never really gave it much thought til I discovered my childhood symptoms was typical of diabetic ones. On processing the events in my childhood and how different I was to my age mates. Muscle building and exceptionally heavier than any in my school, never mind year. Which differed so much to my type1s friend's physic. Even though some carbs were keeping her overweight.
I didn't know her on her diagnosis period but I understand now she was very poorly. Weight loss without insulin.
Insulin is keeping my extra weight attached. I'm taking 387units of basal and 105units of novarapid to feed my 136kg body.
Tomorrow I'm reducing with a 800cal diet and Dapagliflozin tablet. No metformin. About the same carbs as I have been eating for a year.
I'm looking forward to far far less insulin. :)
These traits I know aren't typical of a type1. Well compared to the type1s I know.
Even though thyroid disorders are common. Bell's palsy is thought to be autoimmune based too.
Not sure what a burst appendix is classed as.
My kidney health is perfect, currently.

Swellings and hormone disorders are typical of type2's obesity rather than the diabetes.
I'm really looking forward to see my health status once not so overweight.
I'm getting excited now.
Ditching walking aid will be the most liberating. Even more than less insulin.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
"
Not sure what a burst appendix is classed as.

Simply a perforated appendix normally just a small tear allowing contents to leak out into the abdominal area and personally I would class it as dangerous it can lead to sepsis and the like.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
"

Simply a perforated appendix normally just a small tear allowing contents to leak out into the abdominal area and personally I would class it as dangerous it can lead to sepsis and the like.
I think I was in trouble as my scar is as long as 12inch ruler. Although laparoscopy appendectomys wasnt invented then or my surgeon wasn't experienced in doing them. Well I assume.