Belated “ Happy Birthday” to me

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Well having being so busy latelyI totally forgot that I have passed the 40 year anniversary of being diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes . Like life in general it’s been full of ups and down , experimentation and experiences. To be honest when I first got diabetes I didn’t think I would last this long and to be totally honest I don’t understand how I have . This might give some new diabetics some hope , I have only recently ( last 7 years started taking my blood sugars regularly, I smoked I drank , only thing I really did that was any good was keep relatively fit ( how I did that drinking nd smoking is beyond me but was told it was probably what saved me ) it has cost me the bottom part of my right leg but I am now a well controlled diabetic and it feels good. Technology is now at the stage where it really helps and makes things somewhat “ easier” , so if a self confessed diabetic numbskull can last 40 years and look forward to at least another 20 then anyone can ,

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Me too!! Coming up for my 40 years of being 'could try harder' diabetic that is ... from doing urine tests to flash monitoring, porky insulin to the non smelly human kind and from jabs to pump. As you say the tech is better but they still haven't cracked the basic puzzle of a cause and therefore a cure other than in mice.
Keep at it for the next 40!