1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Arrived here after watching The Truth About Carbs? Join the Low Carb Program for meal plans & 10 weeks of simple steps into your new lifestyle.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Belfast offer

Discussion in 'Jobs and Employment' started by Rabdos, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Rabdos

Rabdos Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hello!
    Is it sensible that the same entry level job is paid 37k in London and 20k in Belfast?
    Does the diffference in the cost of living justify that?
    In London, I spend 1k per month. In Belfast, I will pay 540 per month?

2. LittleGreyCat

LittleGreyCat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Housing in Belfast is massively cheaper than in London and I think accommodation is likely to be your biggest expense.

I haven't tried living in London or Belfast recently, but Belfast is a nice city. Holiday in NI/Eire last year.

Just for laughs I had a look at property.
    A 1 bedroom apartment in Belfast can be had for around £150,000.
    See http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63714085.html for a 3 bedroom semi for under £150,000.
    You won't be able to find anything anywhere near that price in London. Can't vouch for the area, but you get the picture.

The main thing to be aware of is the weather. It is a lot farther North and will be much colder and wetter than London. If you are good with that then there is some glorious countryside North of Belfast, including lots of GoT locations.

My initial thoughts are that you could live better on £20k in Belfast than on £37k in London.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Well, I would imagine that the cost of accommodation is much cheaper in Belfast. I don't know whether the difference is enough to warrant the difference in salaries...

4. james11

james11 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

How is this query related to diabetes ?

5. LittleGreyCat

LittleGreyCat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ummm...jobs and employment section?

6. james11

But his query is related to pay differernce between belfast and london..not a diabetic issue

7. james11

I am astonished at the price of car tyres lately ...does any one have an opinion on that ?
    seems like this site has turned into a general chit chat about anything site

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook