Belly Pork

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Currently on offer from Morrison’s at only £4 a kilo. I know what I do with it but what are your favourite recipes?
175E0349-326C-472E-AC2E-D7F0DA3B53D4.jpeg

D

Deleted member 308541

I slice them up and cook them on the barbeque, then dip them in peri peri sauce.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Most memorable we've had was in the Caribbean with tamarind sauce, though that was in my non-diabetic days.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely stuff!
I salt it lightly and roast until the fat and skin is translucent, golden brown and has a slight crunch.
But i don’t like it if the meat starts to dry out and harden.

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
40g onions, 10g garlic, Salt and pepper, 3 habaneros, all pureed. With a teaspoon of salt, and 30ml of vinegar. Score the skin, put everything into a ziplock bag, marinade overnight. Roast the next day. Reduce the gravy further until its quite thick and use as sauce for cauli rice.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I cut the meat into big chunks and cook in a spicy tomato casserole, and roast the skin separately in strips which we eat salted while we're waiting for the casserole.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Marinated overnight with soy sauce, white wine, crushed garlic, black pepper, bay leaves and Stevia.

Then bar b q or roast in the oven 250 C for 45 min!

Delicious!!!

Reactions: Serena51

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some great suggestions, keep them coming...

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Low and slow roast in the oven(150 for an hour) then chop into bits and add to mushrooms, onions, garlic and chilli pan fried in butter with a tub of Rodda's creme fraiche (extra creamy and fatty) for a yummy stroganof.. maybe with some steamed cabbage leaves as a bed below. Mmmmmmm

Reactions: Serena51
D

Deleted member 308541

We get the hand and belly rolled up into a roast, fight is on who gets the knuckle tho.

We also can get the above as pickled pork after being in the brine tub for a week or so. Done in a slow cooker and eat it cold it's just like ham.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just do it really basic. Coat both sides in oil and rub in salt. Bake in a 150C oven for 2hrs. Beautiful and tender, I have it with pureed cauli and steamed broccoli.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Low and slow roast in the oven(150 for an hour) then chop into bits and add to mushrooms, onions, garlic and chilli pan fried in butter with a tub of Rodda's creme fraiche (extra creamy and fatty) for a yummy stroganof.. maybe with some steamed cabbage leaves as a bed below. Mmmmmmm

I've never heard of using baking powder used in this way before, I am going to give that a try.

Fry when he's out, what he doesn't know etc... and if you do, let me know and I''l be over to destroy the evidence.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just do it really basic. Coat both sides in oil and rub in salt. Bake in a 150C oven for 2hrs. Beautiful and tender, I have it with pureed cauli and steamed broccoli.

One of the things I was very thankful of when the children were old enough was to stop eating broccoli. Horrible stuff and the only low carb veg I can't stand. Give me sprouts or cabbage instead.

D

Deleted member 308541

I also want to try this one...

http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/12/...ed-sous-vide-36-hour-all-belly-porchetta.html

but hubby won't let me deep fry in our new (and very clean) kitchen...

It's been a long time since I rolled up a full loin and belly in to a roast.

One of the things I was very thankful of when the children were old enough was to stop eating broccoli. Horrible stuff and the only low carb veg I can't stand. Give me sprouts or cabbage instead.
You will not get sprouts and cabbage here at our place, broccoli and cauli that's the only choice with peas or beans as green stuff.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You will not get sprouts and cabbage here at our place, broccoli and cauli that's the only choice with peas or beans as green stuff.

Gawd I love peas but they spike me. In the early days when I was getting used to LCHF and would eat other stuff when a carb craving came to call, I'd settle down with a bowl of them with butter, salt and a spoon.