Best Delivery Service

RogerI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cucumber
I've finally decided to stop using the Lloyds pharmacy that share the same building as my doctors. Too many delays and you always wait for ages. We've had three attempts to get the latest round and still no success.

I'm wanting to use a service that delivers to my home, it seems there are many options out there.
Can anyone recommend a great service?
I'd prefer one where I can tick off the items I need each time if possible.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've finally decided to stop using the Lloyds pharmacy that share the same building as my doctors. Too many delays and you always wait for ages. We've had three attempts to get the latest round and still no success.

I'm wanting to use a service that delivers to my home, it seems there are many options out there.

To be honest, in my view, any of these circumstances are only as good as the last experience any individual actually had.

Personally, I use the pharmacy nearest to home. I order my medication (only one thyroid med), directly on my Doc's website. They send the prescription, electronically to the pharmacy who dispense. I just pop in a couple of days after I place my order and pick it up, and check the contents of the bag before leaving the shop. I do this as there is a particular brand I don't get along with.

That said, I have only been taking any medication at all for a few months, so there have been a limited number of rounds for it to go wrong.

Again my view would be that for me, waiting in for the pharmacy to deliver would be a real pain.

I hope you find what you're looking for.

Reactions: SueO246
D

Deleted member 308541

My pharmacy uses the MedAdvisor service, I order my scripts that I need through the MedAdvisor app and they notify me when I can pickup.

I phone them back and ask for them to be delivered, and the pharmacy says they will be delivered during a three hour window in the afternoon.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My pharmacy uses the MedAdvisor service, I order my scripts that I need through the MedAdvisor app and they notify me when I can pickup.

I phone them back and ask for them to be delivered, and the pharmacy says they will be delivered during a three hour window in the afternoon.
It seems unlikely they would deliver to @RogerI who is in the UK.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Ask around your local pharmacies and see which deliver.
I don't need delivery but use the local Co-op because they are convenient.
I know they have a van but don't know if it just collects non-electronic prescriptions or does home delivery as well.
Boots may well be an option.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used a postal delivery service for a while. Can’t remember the name I am afraid, but it all fell through after only a few months when my surgery refused to deal with the online pharmacy until I had gone through another medication review.

At that point I would have needed to set the process up again from scratch - and then do it after every 6 month review. Too much hassle!

Hopefully that issue is now resolved, but the most frustrating thing was the typical NHS lack of communication. The surgery didn’t bother to inform either me or the pharmacy why they had cancelled the prescription. It took weeks to sort out, and I was left without meds until I had waited over 10 days to get a review appt, and then 2+ days to get the prescription filled.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do exactly the same as @DCUKMod , via a small independent pharmacy which is a short walk/drive from my house. I usually collect it a couple of days after ordering on line. However at the beginning of the year I was on crutches and unable to get there so they delivered everything to my home.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do exactly the same as @DCUKMod , via a small independent pharmacy which is a short walk/drive from my house. I usually collect it a couple of days after ordering on line. However at the beginning of the year I was on crutches and unable to get there so they delivered everything to my home.

I would normally choose an independent pharmacy, but the one closest to home is a branch of Lloyds. There are just the two pharmacists and a core staff of ladies behind the counter.

After only a few months they recognise me when I call in, although they do, quite naturally, always ask for my full name when I ask for my prescription. On the single occasion my prescription had been dispensed with the brand I had established didn't agree with me, I just mentioned it and they swapped it immediately.

Of course, all it needs is a change of pharmacist and/or the ladies "out front" and my whole experience could change. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

@RogerI - My feeling about an online delivery service is there is no chance of a personalised relationship and it's easier for them to be nonchalant (in terms of service) than someone meeting you eye-to-eye to explain why things have or haven't gone right.

My local pharmacy does have a delivery, but I think it's only for those who are more frail, or unable to get to the shop, due to their condition, rather than a convenience. Never having really investigated, I could be very wrong on that.

Reactions: Rachox

Gabebd1985

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Not sure if I'm allowed to leave the name of my online pharmacy but I've had no issues with getting at least my testing supplies at a very low cost compared to a local pharmacy. True, it's easier to talk to a pharmacy locally, which is why I tend to get the actual prescriptions locally but testing supplies are pretty uniform and easy to get online

Gabebd1985

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ask around your local pharmacies and see which deliver.
I don't need delivery but use the local Co-op because they are convenient.
I know they have a van but don't know if it just collects non-electronic prescriptions or does home delivery as well.
Boots may well be an option.

Here goes I guess,
Personally, I'd definitely recommend SecureTabs - I've been ordering testing supplies (lancets/syringes/test strips) from them for awhile. They're a really great, inexpensive online pharmacy that carries a ton of generics. A big plus is that it has great patient information about each drug that they sell, written so that it's easy for a non-medical trained person to understand. I used to order from GoodRX, but I like this service better, haven't had a bad experience yet. Secure Tabs, check it out here: (https://securetabs.biz/)

RogerI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cucumber
An old thread I started a year ago - some feedback from me.

I tried Boots online service but they were missing key meds (fairly common slow-release Metformin so I was surprised). I thought by supporting Boot's I'd still be indirectly supporting local pharmacy. I've had OK service from local Boots but my mother-in-law has struggled with them.

In the end I tried (and settled on) Pharmacy2u and I love it. Only had one minor glitch and easily solved by phone call. I have a reminder that pops up every 28 days, simply load the mobile app and the magic happens. A few days later a parcel arrives in the mail. You need to be about a week away from running out as the process does take 3-4 working days. Your doctor needs to give his electronic "OK" so that sometimes causes a delay for a day.