Best place for injection

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I've read online that the tummy is a popular spot to inject however, I find that for me it's not the most comfortable spot.

It hurts my stomach and leaves sometimes little bubbles or redness on my tummy and makes it itchy.
Any suggestions

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Here's what to do, sit down with your feet relaxed, measure for fingers width up from your knee (towards your thigh) pinch the skin and inject in the middle of the pinched skin. (Alternate between your right and left thigh after each injection)
Note that the optimum place for the insulin absorption is the tummy (fastest absorption) so simply monitor your bg levels for the first days of trying your new injection site.
Hope you won't feel anymore discomfort.

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I've read online that the tummy is a popular spot to inject however, I find that for me it's not the most comfortable spot.

It hurts my stomach and leaves sometimes little bubbles or redness on my tummy and makes it itchy.
Any suggestions
top front of my leg is a great place put needle in at an angle doesn't hurt I use a 4mm pen needle.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Yes, I also use the stomach for Bolus as it's faster and the thighs for Basal. Do use only 4mm needles if you don't have much excess weight.