Type 2 Best remedy for restless leg....

MsManicure

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
having diabetes, car drivers who don't indicate
Hi all, I've had diabetes for about 10 years but was put on insulin a few months ago. Since the change to insulin from diet control was a huge shock to say the least, Ever since I've been on insulin I've had 'restless leg'.....it drives me flippin nuts. I am on 600mg of gabapentin as well as 7.5g of zopiclone per night but i'm still having the worst time sleeping, that's when I actually sleep. Most nights I don't get to sleep until 4am ish and then don't wake until lunchtime so may days are completely screwed. Does anyone else suffer with this or know of a way I can get some sleep???? kind regards Ms Insomniac xx

chris9996

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Vegetables
Hi,

I too take gabapentin and it has helped a lot but doesn't totally take this horrid feeling away, so although I can empathise I cannot give you any solutions sorry :(

MsManicure

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi,

I too take gabapentin and it has helped a lot but doesn't totally take this horrid feeling away, so although I can empathise I cannot give you any solutions sorry :(

Thanks Chris, good to know I'm not alone.

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Hi

I don't take insulin so I can't answer that, but a question for you - do you smoke?
When I smoked I used to get restless leg a lot, I've not had it once since I stopped

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

MsManicure

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi

I don't take insulin so I can't answer that, but a question for you - do you smoke?
When I smoked I used to get restless leg a lot, I've not had it once since I stopped

I do smoke but prior to using insulin I've never had restless leg so is a bit too coincidential for it not to be insulin related. My GP said its common with diabetics especially as mine went from being diet managed to being out of control in a couple of months and is still not under control.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
According to my pain management consultant there is a tablet that my GP could prescribe for restless legs. I am seeing consultant this coming week. It's not the gabapentin/lyrica type of drug.

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Hi all, I've had diabetes for about 10 years but was put on insulin a few months ago. Since the change to insulin from diet control was a huge shock to say the least, Ever since I've been on insulin I've had 'restless leg'.....it drives me flippin nuts. I am on 600mg of gabapentin as well as 7.5g of zopiclone per night but i'm still having the worst time sleeping, that's when I actually sleep. Most nights I don't get to sleep until 4am ish and then don't wake until lunchtime so may days are completely screwed. Does anyone else suffer with this or know of a way I can get some sleep???? kind regards Ms Insomniac xx
I'm type 2, ID for about ten yrs. I've had this problem on and off for many years.... since 1968 whilst in hospital awaiting the birth of my first child. Just a few months ago I came across a solution. When you feel an attack beginning, stand on tip toes fifteen times in quick succession. Works for me and several others I've passed the tip to. Hope it helps you too ;)
Geri x

suenjames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take Quinine sulphate for my cramps and restless legs I'm type 2

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
I'm type 2, ID for about ten yrs. I've had this problem on and off for many years.... since 1968 whilst in hospital awaiting the birth of my first child. Just a few months ago I came across a solution. When you feel an attack beginning, stand on tip toes fifteen times in quick succession. Works for me and several others I've passed the tip to. Hope it helps you too ;)
Geri x
I know exercising the legs can help so that suggestion makes a lot of sense.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I bought one of those armchair exercising things for legs because of amyotrophy and restless legs -it does help.