Best settings for Xdrip and LibreLink together?

SimonP78

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi.
I'm a newbie. Just installed LL (never/haven't used it yet). My dream is to get my continuous readings on a smartwatch.
Is the easiest way to get the numbers (and trend arrow) on the watch is indeed xDrip via Diabox?
No need for LibreLinkUP (LLU)?
If so, how do I config Diabox and xDrip to communicate ?
Btw, I can't find the app (Diabox) in the Play Store. it's installed as APK only? Which version?
Thanks.
Vic.
I don't use diabox.

I used to use the combination on Android of: XDrip+ & OOP2 (XDrip+ talks to the sensor, OOP2 decodes the payload) along with a Garmin watch and headunit to display the data (running an appropriate watchface and datafield depending on which device, the data itself is sent via Garmin Connect automatically.)

I'm now using Juggluco to get 1min data (it talks to the sensor) and XDrip+ with the latter set to "libre (patched app)" as the data source (which Juggluco emulates). No need for any other apps.

Juglucco is available as an APK download from its website, XDrip+ is available as an APK from their github page.

Vic Vic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't use diabox.

I used to use the combination on Android of: XDrip+ & OOP2 (XDrip+ talks to the sensor, OOP2 decodes the payload) along with a Garmin watch and headunit to display the data (running an appropriate watchface and datafield depending on which device, the data itself is sent via Garmin Connect automatically.)

I'm now using Juggluco to get 1min data (it talks to the sensor) and XDrip+ with the latter set to "libre (patched app)" as the data source (which Juggluco emulates). No need for any other apps.

Juglucco is available as an APK download from its website, XDrip+ is available as an APK from their github page.
Thanks.
You don't have LibreLink installed? If so, how do you start the sensor, with Juggluco?
On your watch you only have xDrip+?
So for Juggluco and xDrip to communicate, all I have to do is to set 'libre (patched app)' as data store in xDrip, and it will know how to find Juggluco? Or is there also a setup in Juggluco for this to work?
And which of the apps above you use provides a widget (also as a screen saver) to show the number+arrow outside the app?
Thanks again.

SimonP78

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks.
You don't have LibreLink installed? If so, how do you start the sensor, with Juggluco?
On your watch you only have xDrip+?
So for Juggluco and xDrip to communicate, all I have to do is to set 'libre (patched app)' as data store in xDrip, and it will know how to find Juggluco? Or is there also a setup in Juggluco for this to work?
And which of the apps above you use provides a widget (also as a screen saver) to show the number+arrow outside the app?
Thanks again.
I use the handheld reader to start the sensors, I've not tried using Juggluco for that purpose. I have tried using the Librelink app to start them and simply disabled alerts (iirc) and then killed the app from Settings > Applications once this was done.

I have a Garmin watch with this watchface installed, which is the only thing I've done with the watch: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/8fab3746-f56f-4b41-b3c7-5f4aaeaed6c9

On my phone, the Garmin Connect app is installed and acts as a bridge to the watch face (all done transparently when you install the watchface via the ConnectIQ app). The phone-side part of the watchface, which lives in Garmin Connect, looks for the XDrip+ local webserver and reads blood glucose values from that (and also writes e.g. HR and steps to it). This is how data is passed in both directions between the watch and XDrip+.

The original "patched Libre app" was patched to emit an Android Intent when a new reading is received (iirc there are some details about the nature of this Intent message on the Juggluco web pages - I'll dig out a link if you can't find it and are interested) as a way of getting decoded data out of the Libre app and into 3rd party apps (the alternative being using OOP2 to decode the message payload which e.g. XDrip+ reads directly from a libre(1|2) sensor.

Juggluco has been programmed to emit an identical Intent (you can enable/disable this functionality) so it can stand in for the patched Libre app. Therefore to XDrip+ it looks like the patched libre app. As an aside Juggluco can also pretend to be XDrip+ and provide a local webserver in the same format that XDrip+ provides (so could be used with the Garmin watchface directly without using XDrip+ at all).

I don't use the latter functionality (which you also enable/disable it in the settings) because I actually want to run XDrip+ to use its better (IMO) functionality and GUI. For me Juggluco is just there to decode the sensor data and provide 1min readings, which aren't currently supported via the XDrip+ & OOP2 combination.

So you need to tell XDrip+ what data source to use (i.e. listen for that specific "I'm the patched libre app" Intent) and also enable the "pretend I'm the patched libre app" Intent within Juggluco's settings.

That's still quite complicated I guess, please ask if any of that didn't make sense! :)

Re screensaver display, I don't do this (I have the value displayed in the status bar at the top), but I believe both XDrip+ and Juggluco can do this via their settings.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Westley
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It seems I spoke too soon, and the problems are continuing!
I realised Xdrip+(via OOP2) only gets the data every 5 minutes, which isn't ideal.

So I decided to give DiaBox another go simultaneously with LL, since many here say that works well for them. I've used Diabox before on its own and liked it well enough.

I started a new sensor today with LL, and about 20 minutes into the startup period, I scanned with Diabox (freshly installed latest version, Xdrip now uninstalled).
Diabox then started a 60 minute countdown, which I thought seemed a little odd, since it hadn't picked up that LL had already started it.
The LL countdown finished and allowed NFC readings, but would not connect via BT.
I waited another 20 minutes for diabox to finish its countdown, and it then switched to saying just "starting", but would not receive any readings, either by NFC or BT. LL still won't connect
So I now have a new sensor with no BT connection in either app, and no alarms :mad:.
I tried force closing each app, then starting each one on its own. I tried turning bluetooth off and on again. I restarted my phone multiple times.
Still no BT onnection.
I tried uninstalling diabox and restarting my phone again. LL still won't connect BT.

Has Diabox broken the transmitter in my sensor?
Hi just read this problem you had with Diabox sitting in start after 1hr and I have precisely the same issue.
Did you get to a solution as I am without sugar readings as you were!

Any help really appreciated, Derek

Westley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi just read this problem you had with Diabox sitting in start after 1hr and I have precisely the same issue.

In the end I gave up on getting multiple apps working and just went back to using only the official LibreLink app (after deleting and reinstalling it, it was able to reconnect to the running sensor).

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks, I am getting to the give up stage, but something tells me there is a simple solution...... if could find it.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Try clicking on “Libre 2 BLE” right above where it says NFC scan.? (Blow the main graph window, to the left.)
Then scan the sensor again…

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In the end I gave up on getting multiple apps working and just went back to using only the official LibreLink app (after deleting and reinstalling it, it was able to reconnect to the running sensor).
Hi, tried many things, stopping app, clearing cache and data but still same issue. As last resort given up with Diabox so downloaded Juggluco and have readings immediately on my phone. Now need get onto my watch but see YouTube clip it is possible. Please try Juggluco. Derek

Reactions: Jaylee and Westley

Henryhoggle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The inside
Likewise. I can't get xdrip /oop2 to work reliably.

Yes they both BT happily and simultaneously to the Libre 2 sensor. Both apps show my terrible blood glucose control today! View attachment 63631
This is REALLY useful! I've been comparing Juggluco and XDrip to run my GalaxyWatch 4 in Standalone Collector Mode alonsdie Libre2 Sensor and Android 13 phone. I plumped for XDrip because I thought the documenting & sequencing would be easier to follow ...but sadly it's not and isn't working anyway :( It just shouldn't be this hard. Anyway I'll try Diabox. Thnx