Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @alpha123? ,

Welcome to the forum.

That's down to the type of diabetes diagnosed & your health care professional's action regarding that diagnosis..

Have you had a diabetic diagnosis?

Reactions: Rosiegough_

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I like that quote,
So do I,
I think in some cases it's not something you take but rather something you choose not to take that is carbohydrates in high amounts but is not the answer for all. And certainly not T1s and insulin dependant T2s where insulin is the most important medicine.

Reactions: ringi

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So do I,
I think in some cases it's not something you take but rather something you choose not to take that is carbohydrates in high amounts but is not the answer for all. And certainly not T1s and insulin dependant T2s where insulin is the most important medicine.
Yes, me too - but in his (well pre insulin days and modern medicine days in general!) it was probably as good advice as you could get...:(

Robbity

Reactions: JohnEGreen

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
I am looking to get best diabetes medicine someone tell me about it?

Welcome to the forum, that's a very broad question that requires some clarification, mostly importantly type I or type II?

When it comes to best medicine, that's really for a medically qualified person to tell you.

However, you will notice that many forum members have successfully managed to have better control of their type II diabetes just by changing their diet to exclude carbs. Avoiding bread, pasta, rice and potato is a good place to start whether it's just one, two, three or all of those. Key thing being to monitor your BG to see what the effect is.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Tipetoo,
Like me you are a tall guy tipetoo and you have some problems, keep up the humour and it helps with the fight.
I was on Xarelto for a time but it just cleaned me out, but I have managed eventually on Dabigatran.
All the best
Derek