Type 2 Beverage

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Which of the two i.e. Tea and Coffee is more T2 friendly or is it a matter of preference?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I drink both neither seem to have much impact on my BG but then everyone is different as is usual the best is to test.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I drink both with nothing added except a tiny tiny pinch of salt in an espresso - they don't affect my blood sugar at all though some people say that the caffeine in coffee can affect them - the only way is to test and see, if you take milk try swapping for cream as it has less carbs

Yellredder

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I drink both - with coffee I have a latte of a morning and tea the rest of the day. I have discovered though that having a cup of tea whilst eating my lunch or tea can send my readings up. Which I think is odd, particularly as a latte has no impact on my morning readings!

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I drink black coffee with no sugar, tea with milk and one sweetener and no effect with rising levels

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's what you might be putting into them in the way of carbs (e.g sugar, skimmed milk, etc) that could be an issue rather than the drinks themselves.

Robbity

Reactions: tayelola