BG control challenges after entering remission area

bassamaklan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello friends,

It's been a while since my last post here in the forum. I would like to share with you my experience with diabetes control after entering remission zone.
Briefly, I was diagnosed with T2 in Oct, 2017 with HBA1C 9%, but shortly, this number got down to 5.1% on Apr, 2018 after achieving a major change in my lifestyle and not following any medical plan.

The major challenge was to keep this record, which I believe it was difficult for me due to some factors:
- I have been through stressful life events (Family and work).
- Staying on healthy life style while engaging with social activities was hard for me.
- Couldn't control my addiction to rice.
- Huge inflation in my country, Yemen, caused prices of foods doubled which means difficulties in keeping up with healthy food menu.
- STOP Exercising and bough a car.
- Sleeping difficulties due to the stress.​

According to this tight BG control was destroyed as the following:
- FBS raised to 6.3 as a daily minimum after it was 5.1.
- Gain 7KG in weight and return to 90s zone.
- My last HBA1C at Jul, 2019 was 6.2%.​

The current result still not that bad, but it is far away from the target that I have achieved. Currently, I started to take back the control by doing the following core practices:
  • Being selfish by allocating more time for myself far from my family and work to do whatever I like.
  • start eating parboiled rice daily with small amount (150gm per serve) in order to control my addiction.
  • Using coconut oil for cooking.
  • Drink warm cup of milk with cinnamon to get better sleep and solve my colon problems.
  • Doing some basic HIIT exercises to reshape my body and improve my core.
  • Restart to count the amount of the food taken and stop craving.
I started to observe some results during started from the last two weeks reflected on my FBS in which it started to range between 5.5 and 6 and I am aiming to achieve better result.
My next moment of truth will be after 3 months from now to check the progress and I wish to come back to the green zone.

I hope that provided information on this post will be helpful and I wish you all the best in controlling your diabetes.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Well done, you detected you problem areas and have done something about them when some might have just decided that it is too difficult and give up.
Keep up the good work!

ShortStuff

I’m very pleased for you that your renewed efforts are showing you some progress. Well done for not giving up when it got difficult!