BG readings odd?

Dislikes
SPIDERS (cringe)
Hi all.
Over the last few weeks my BG readings have been very odd. I don't know if it's the medication or my meter is telling fibs or what. Beginning to think I am going mad :crazy:
My fasting average is 6.9
before meals average 5.1
2 hours after average 6.1
I don't low carb but eat reduced portions of potatoes, rice, pasta etc. None of my after meal readings go above 7. I have even gone as far as experimenting with just a bowl of pasta and a little tomato sauce....still nothing above 7 :shock:
I am on Gliclazide 80mg a day, no Metformin as of yet (long story about that). I know most people will say that is good control and I am happy with the readings seeing as at diagnosis it was 21.4! But I'm expecting a few high readings and getting nothing. Am also wondering that maybe I could discuss coming off meds with the nurse if my readings have been consistantly good?
Thanks for taking the time to read this, I know it may seem a little silly but just want to put my mind at rest :?

When I look this drug up I see that the half life is anywhere from 10-24 hours. If you take this med in the morning and your body metabolizes it quickly, you might have less around in the early am hours explaining why your fasting is more elevated. Also, could you be having any hypoglycemia in the middle of the night? Are you having any bad dreams, sweating, or waking up feeling funny?
http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB01120
Pat
Diabetes Plan

Dislikes
SPIDERS (cringe)
I don't think I'm going hypo in the night, I do rarely wake up at half 3 or 4 in the morning but I don't feel funny.Sometimes I have been wide awake and taken a couple of hours to get back to sleep. I have got up at random times in the night 3am 4am to test and I get readings about mid 5's. My other half thinks I'm being a bit neurotic testing at these times. I do take my tablets at odd times sometimes because of the hours I work, like today I had 40mg about half 8 this morning and my last 40mg about half 10 tonight. On days when I'm off or doing a short shift I space them out 12 hours.