BG testers

James1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I noticed that Lidl have BG testers for sale I think they were £4.99 can't mind the make of them.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I noticed that Lidl have BG testers for sale I think they were £4.99 can't mind the make of them.

I receive a marketing from Lidl, which had that in there too. I think the issue with adopting that one would be a regular supply of test strips.

I can't recall if it was here or on another site I subscribe to, but there was someone there reporting they couldn't find replacement or additional strips for the meter.

10 (or however many) strips we receive with any new meter is just the tip of the iceberg.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought one a few weeks ago - for about 29 pounds. The kit consisted of the meter, strips and lancets all in a small case. The only problem is the replacement strips are available only from a foreign website - as far as I know.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Its a Bayer Breeze2 and the strips can be brought from Farmaline.uk at £22.31p for 50 strips, just to say they are out of stock at the moment, hope this helps.

smithjohns

I bought one from Lidl two weeks ago. The brand name is Sanitas and it was £7.99. No problem with strips or lancets as they are available from Amazon. Seems to work fine though I cannot vouch for its accuracy as I have not checked it against any other readings. Should be ok at spotting trends over time. The meter itself is also sold on Amazon but it is much more expensive.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The meter kits are now £24.99 here in Poole, Dorset - no bargains for us it seems.