Bg v Warm weather.

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
Good morning folks :D :D
if anyone is soaking up the sun today and testing bg's . It woud be interesting to see what the sun does for test results .Like the other post (HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED).
Just to if the heat alters our blood levels . :D :D :D :D
Thanks folks :wink: :wink:
Don't forget your sunblock and 8) 8)

Thanks folks JF.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No sunblock for me. I need all the Vitamin D I can get, too early in the year for it anyway...

Snodger

It definitely affects my bgs. Especially if I exercise, i.e., exercise on a cold day lowers bg but exercise on a hot day lowers it x 1.5

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Snodger said:
It definitely affects my bgs. Especially if I exercise, i.e., exercise on a cold day lowers bg but exercise on a hot day lowers it x 1.5

That makes sense Snodger, when I was on insulin I twice had hypos while out walking the dog in a local country park, I only walked her there in the summer when it was hot as the rest of the year it is too muddy over there. I never put the two together but thinking about it now I never had hypos while walking the dag anywhere else at other times of the year.

Hope that made sense :lol:

viv1969

Too early in the year for sunscreen? You think UV rays in April are less harmful than those in August?

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You've got it VIV
sometimes you just can't help people even if they could get skin cancer :wink: :wink:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
JF,

I find when the warmer weather arrives my insulin usage starts to drop to compensate for the heat and increased exercise, also tend to check my bg more when out and about than I do in the winter months.

Nigel

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
You think UV rays in April are less harmful than those in August?

Well Yes

1) More cloud cover in April than August

2)The slant path of the radiation through the atmosphere. The slant path is at a minimum
around the time of the summer solstice, which leads to the largest UV exposure

Still better to slip slop slap

Ans JF .... When its hotter I am out in the sun yes my BG Tends to drop faster

Bob

viv1969

Well, if we're going to get perdantic....Yes, there is relatively less unimpeded sunshine in April than there is is, say, August; however any direct UV rays which hit the skin (irrespective of slant-path) are just as likely as each other to result in Melanoma - a cancer with one of the worst survival rates because it is often in stage 4 before it is diagnosed.

(Comment removed, Forum policy)

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Rickets is on the increase because of all that high-factor sun block.

Like everything else, it's a balance - take care and go at it gradually. We are getting more sunshine of whatever type because all that pollution acted as a sun-shade - I kid you not! Clean air = more sunlight. I can find the source if anyone wants to know more

Live yoghurt applied to sunburn really takes the burn out - a tip I learned in Greece, but I don't think it has to be Greek yoghurt :lol:

Second Greek tip - if you tread on a sea urchin, pee on it (your foot, not the urchin :roll: ). The urine dissolves the spines.

It reached 78F here in sunny Wensleydale today :D

Viv 8)

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
Please don't pick on me! I used sunblock-factor 30 as I'm pale & not interested in a tan just a relaxing lounge on a beach and a cooling swim (yes then I reapplied my cream)40 mins in the sea! I also have scars from an accident so they need more care than normal skin. I don't have a tester so it's useful to see what to be wary of so please post results so I can learn and be aware!

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
So up until now ( is it an up or a down level ?) :D

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm vitamin D deficient, so need the sunshine to provide me with some more. Think we have gone too far the other way with sunscreen,