Mikkeloj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi.

I like to bring by BG meter everywhere, but most meter-kits are quite chunky, so you need a backpack for just a small meter pouch. I perrfer to have mine in my pockets. There are very small meters but whey all come with those huge containers for strips that takes up 4-5 times as much space as the meter itself.

My questions are:
- Do you know of any small sealed containers that could fit strips, but are more or less air tight?
- What is you most compact solution to carry your meter kit around?

Edited by a mod

Last edited by a moderator:

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My meter comes in a tiny case with a space for the finger pricker and a space for the tiny pot of strips (contains 50 strips). My other meter has the actual strips inside the meter itself (again 50) and the finger pricker fixed on the side of the meter.

Both are very small and I have no problem fitting them in my handbag :)

I'm not quite sure why you need a backpack? Are you talking about going away for many days?

S

Shar67

Contour next USB is small, test strips in a tic tac box, pen needles/lancets in a smartie tube, all fits into a pencil case
You can buy plastic cylinder tubes and slightly bigger than tic tac boxes on ebay. You will even fit in insulin and finger pricker, but if you want to carry less and don't mind just sticking lancet into finger You don't need finger pricker

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you looked at the Dario at all?

TomGreen101

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The Accu-Chek Mobile is the best for taking with you Everything contained in the meter The lancing device attached on the side. It us so discreet I've used it in front of people and they didn't seem to even notice.
I also recommend the Accu-check Compact plus which has 50 strips in a drum which have to be ejected into a waste bin It also has an attached lancet device.
I'm testing the Accu-Chek Aviva Connect which is small but needs a more compacr container.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people