1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

BGmeter hack // Smallest BG meter-kit

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Mikkeloj, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Mikkeloj

Mikkeloj Type 1 · Newbie

Hi.

I like to bring by BG meter everywhere, but most meter-kits are quite chunky, so you need a backpack for just a small meter pouch. I perrfer to have mine in my pockets. There are very small meters but whey all come with those huge containers for strips that takes up 4-5 times as much space as the meter itself.

My questions are:
    - Do you know of any small sealed containers that could fit strips, but are more or less air tight?
    - What is you most compact solution to carry your meter kit around?

Edited by a mod

#1 Mikkeloj, Jul 28, 2016 at 7:28 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2016
  2. azure

azure Type 1 · Expert

My meter comes in a tiny case with a space for the finger pricker and a space for the tiny pot of strips (contains 50 strips). My other meter has the actual strips inside the meter itself (again 50) and the finger pricker fixed on the side of the meter.

Both are very small and I have no problem fitting them in my handbag :)

I'm not quite sure why you need a backpack? Are you talking about going away for many days?

3. Shar67

Shar67 · Guest

Contour next USB is small, test strips in a tic tac box, pen needles/lancets in a smartie tube, all fits into a pencil case
    You can buy plastic cylinder tubes and slightly bigger than tic tac boxes on ebay. You will even fit in insulin and finger pricker, but if you want to carry less and don't mind just sticking lancet into finger You don't need finger pricker

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. AndBreathe

AndBreathe I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Have you looked at the Dario at all?

5. TomGreen101

TomGreen101 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

The Accu-Chek Mobile is the best for taking with you Everything contained in the meter The lancing device attached on the side. It us so discreet I've used it in front of people and they didn't seem to even notice.
    I also recommend the Accu-check Compact plus which has 50 strips in a drum which have to be ejected into a waste bin It also has an attached lancet device.
    I'm testing the Accu-Chek Aviva Connect which is small but needs a more compacr container.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook