Bit of a slap in the face

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just for the personal satisfaction, I'd be inclined to give the rabid dietitian a copy of Trudi Deakin's new book and tell him he needs to update his research :bookworm:

Reactions: 14 people

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thank you so much x I wished I could stop worrying about what others think of me Hun . It used to drive my Mum nuts when she was alive , so wshed I was more like her in so many ways xx

If you are a good person and treat others as you would like them to treat you then don't worry what they think of you; it will be fine. We all have our good and bad points but the good should outweigh the bad.

Hope you had a great evening out with your son and that he had a lovely birthday. Wish him a happy birthday from us all.

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sharon Anne

If you are a good person and treat others as you would like them to treat you then don't worry what they think of you; it will be fine. We all have our good and bad points but the good should outweigh the bad.

Hope you had a great evening out with your son and that he had a lovely birthday. Wish him a happy birthday from us all.

nigelho

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done on YOUR efforts so far, keep it up. Forget that stupid dietician....bet he's not a diabetic..as all carbs raise our BSs. As the low carb diet seems to be working, don't change. I'm type 1.

Reactions: 3 people

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a great appointment with an endo several years back, then I was wheeled in to see the dietician. She told me to forget blood sugar readings for now and eat her diet as weight loss was more important than BS control. Does my head in.

Ali

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sharon Anne

Lol thank you all for your kind support x reading your posts I have gone from feeling like a failure to feeling pretty chuffed with myself xxx that's down to you guys and the way you hold each other up if need be it's a nice place to be x

Reactions: 13 people

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol thank you all for your kind support x reading your posts I have gone from feeling like a failure to feeling pretty chuffed with myself xxx that's down to you guys and the way you hold each other up if need be it's a nice place to be x

Any health professional who makes you feel a failure is the failure, not you. Their job is to help, guide and support not demoralise and demotivate. Shame on him.

Reactions: 10 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. How sad that despite doing all the right things your dietician was clueless and not person-friendly. I would never, ever recommend anyone to see an NHS dietician and I assume you won't see this person again. The best diet advice for diabetics (and many others) is on this forum. One of these days an NHS dietician is going to get sued for giving advice that results in early damage; that might change things. Carry on the good work.

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sharon Anne

Hi. How sad that despite doing all the right things your dietician was clueless and not person-friendly. I would never, ever recommend anyone to see an NHS dietician and I assume you won't see this person again. The best diet advice for diabetics (and many others) is on this forum. One of these days an NHS dietician is going to get sued for giving advice that results in early damage; that might change things. Carry on the good work.

S

Sharon Anne

Thank you Hun x nope I won't be seeing him again and I will be telling the Dr this tomorrow . Never will I allow them to make me feel like this again xx

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The first. dietician I saw was great she even gave me her phone number if I had any questions Then she went to work in the hospital The next one sacked me !! I don't think she knew how to deal with someone who was under. weight !!:meh:
CAROL